Ice Skating

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ali baba
Expatriate

Ice Skating

Post by ali baba »

Does Aeon 1 still have an ice rink and other kid friendly attractions?
Are there any other central malls worth visiting with kids?
It's hard to find up to date info online.
Scarier than malaria.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Ice Skating

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

No, all they have is the playground and the arcade. New ice skating rink being built at Dinosaurs Alive, due to open soon if I recall correctly. Chip Mong Mega Mall and Aeon 2 have pretty decent playgrounds for kids, CM Mega also has an indoors go-kart track for the taller kids.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Aeon Mean Chey (3) has the best free playground for kids. It's outdoor so better visit only after 4pm. They have free big indoor slide too and paid indoor playground as well.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Right across from Aeon 2 (the side where you enter/exit the car park) a new ice rink has just opened up, even providing rental coats
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

A whacking great "playground" has also opened on Boeung Kak; some decent fun for younger kids, giant see-saws, slides, etc and it is outdoors - very nice around dusk, etc. Surprisingly large space; enjoy it before the owner decides to build a half empty skyscraper at said location.

There is also archery at nearby Playroom in Toul Kork for older kids, and a few other games for the younger ones.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Colkurtz
Tourist

Post by Colkurtz »

Do you mind posting the location or street of that playground?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Darkcel wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:50 pm Right across from Aeon 2 (the side where you enter/exit the car park) a new ice rink has just opened up, even providing rental coats
That sounds pretty cool.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Darkcel wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:50 pm Right across from Aeon 2 (the side where you enter/exit the car park) a new ice rink has just opened up, even providing rental coats
I thought it was just an ice park, somewhere for Cambodians to experience the cold...is there actually an ice skating rink in there also? None of the pictures I've seen show one, but I haven't been so no idea.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Did they add the ice rink recently because it wasn't there the last time I checked?

Chip Mong was great. Twice the price as Aeon for 4 times as much stuff. Or you can get the cheaper ticket if your kid doesn't want to play on the bigger attractions. I also liked how spacious and well lit the mall was. We went to pizza co and there were good views and sunlight through the giant windows. Also there was a discount shop with clothes and shoes from multiple stores/ brands all gathered in one place. Other than that nothing stood out to me but I didn't check out the go-karts.

PS- They were feeding all the balls from the ball pit through a disinfectant machine when we got there, which was pretty reassuring.
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic