Your Mother's Tattoos

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Your Mother's Tattoos

Post by Born-Confused »

How can I reconcile this discussion if my mum is my dad, who has tattoos?
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 am
YaTingPom wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:43 am I did not expect this to turn into another "me me me!" thread so I will not respond to those comments.
When someone posts something that DIRECTLY relates (or targets) me, then of course I am going to make it about me.
I am a mother, I have tattoos, how is this NOT about me?
It does not TARGET you in any way and it relates to all of us as we ALL have mothers. It is not even directed at you unless you want to talk about your mother!

I saw it as a question for men (the majority on this site) which asks other men if their mothers have tattoos, as it is unusual for our mothers at our age to have them, which has turned out to be true. If someone asked "Does your dad have tatoos?" it would be a pretty pointless thread because, lets face it, who gives a fuck!

You are welcome to answer and contribute if you wish. :dm:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I remember a few bar maids in the early 2000's with their nickers way about their jeans, their slim waist and backs exposed and their new tramp stamp proudly on display.

I bet after 20 years and 3 kids they don't look too clever now.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 am
YaTingPom wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:43 am I did not expect this to turn into another "me me me!" thread so I will not respond to those comments.
When someone posts something that DIRECTLY relates (or targets) me, then of course I am going to make it about me.
I am a mother, I have tattoos, how is this NOT about me?
Don’t be so bloody dramatic. No one targeted you except you.
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

Born-Confused wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:06 pm How can I reconcile this discussion if my mum is my dad, who has tattoos?
What was he/she when they/them got the tattoos?
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

Ha ha Tramp Stamp, I think it is a generational thing, women born 40s 50s very rare if any. Then along came the ladies who thought it was risqué rebellious and felt very self important who had one or two. Now most of the ladies with tattoos get covered in them. Fashions come and go but I think there is nothing worse than faded old tattoos on wrinkly old skin.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

As a side bar ... I ordered my two sons ... born in the 1990s not to get tattoos because they cannot use onsen when they visit Japan ... and they love onsen.

One other tattoo-related snippet ... my BFF since grade 5 has an older brother who had a tattoo of a fly on the head of his man-member ... he was 17 ... now he is the Sergeant at Arms for the NorCal Hells Angels ... toughest guy I ever met in my life.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

The Guardian published an article about tattooed ladies from history a few weeks ago. Tattoo afficionados (and others) might enjoy it, some good pics:

"Shock of the old: 10 trailblazing and transgressive tattooed ladies"

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... oed-ladies

Whatever floats your boat, personally I would not wear the same t-shirt every day either - probably with an outdated design as well. Many studios have branched out into laser removal which apparently is even better business. Usually set up in a separate shop/environment.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Whatever floats your boat, personally I would not wear the same t-shirt every day either - probably with an outdated design as well. Many studios have branched out into laser removal which apparently is even better business. Usually set up in a separate shop/environment.

They're also using inks now that are much easily dissolved by the lasers.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Mr Cynical wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:39 pm Ha ha Tramp Stamp, I think it is a generational thing, women born 40s 50s very rare if any. Then along came the ladies who thought it was risqué rebellious and felt very self important who had one or two. Now most of the ladies with tattoos get covered in them. Fashions come and go but I think there is nothing worse than faded old tattoos on wrinkly old skin.
come to the beaches in Phuket< Tats are a big thing on older women and not just single small ones, but 3,4 ++ on backs, legs, shoulders, arms and these are mostly old tats
also i see on younger women with young kids
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic