Your Mother's Tattoos

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Your Mother's Tattoos

Post by ItWasntMe »

I believe there are a few tattoos circulating in my extended family. Nothing I can think of though except one guy with his daughters name in some design I forgot.

Personally I very much like tattoos. Especially on the neck/face and on the hands. Let it show!

Unfortunately I don't like pain much so my face still has the boring design of an old man.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Mike Tyson is the boss of tattoo ... Maori on the face ... #studlymcstuddington
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

I did not expect this to turn into another "me me me!" thread so I will not respond to those comments.

Mother (RIP) had no tats, nor my dad. Only my brother (sleeve) and ex mrs, plus my 22yo daughter has a lot.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

walking the beach daily, i see many older an younger ladies ( with kids) with tats<
very different from a few years ago, when you would seldom see tats on a female
seems its very popular with Russians and Germans

My mom did not have one
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The idea my mother (born 1949) would ever have a tattoo is simply unthinkable. She considered it rather vulgar.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

YaTingPom wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:43 am I did not expect this to turn into another "me me me!" thread so I will not respond to those comments.

Mother (RIP) had no tats, nor my dad. Only my brother (sleeve) and ex mrs, plus my 22yo daughter has a lot.
When you read a thread instead of just replying to the OP it can take all kinds of turns.

We have one person objecting to singling out "mom", is dad having tattoos ok while mom is expected to be "clean"?

Next person says anyone with tattoos is trashy.

It's a forum for discussion, not a questionary.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

YaTingPom wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:43 am I did not expect this to turn into another "me me me!" thread so I will not respond to those comments.
When someone posts something that DIRECTLY relates (or targets) me, then of course I am going to make it about me.
I am a mother, I have tattoos, how is this NOT about me?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

sigmoid wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 pm Although tattoos have become increasingly more popular and mainstream in recent decades, I'm still a little shocked when I see a family here on holiday with school-aged kids and the mom has a fair number of tattoos. I often wonder how the kids feel about their mom having tattoos.

So, did your or does your mom have tattoos?

If so, how did or do you feel about that?

If not, how would you feel if your mother got one?

Would you encourage your dear old mum to get a tattoo?

In general, do you think it's a good idea for mothers to have tattoos openly or should they try to conceal them?

If my mum got a tat at the age of 88 it would be a hoot tbf

I have a number of tats and I like them - and also I sometimes see tats I don't like

If we were all the same the world would be a very drab and dull place

Plus - in some cases, like Angelina Jolie whose pic you have used - the tats can be a clear warning sign to stay the fuck away from this mental case
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Yerg wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:32 am I’m tattooed, and if you think it’s trashy, I give zero fucks. My dear old Mum bucket-listed a tattoo at 74. Because she wanted to do it. No other reason. Same reason she smoked her first joint at 67. She will give as many fucks as I do, stop being judgmental pricks. People have choices. They make them. Just because they don’t jive with yours makes them no less wrong or right than you.
My mother also got some tats in her mid-70s. I thought it was cool.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:26 am How do kids feel about their dad having a tattoo?
Or is this another of those wildly sexist posts where we hold men and women to different standards?
That's a good point. The topic should really be "Your Parents' Tattoos" for enhanced inclusivity.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic