Shipping from the United States

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Shipping from the United States

Post by Kenr »

Anyone from the U.S., or has shipped from the U.S., know the best service to use to ship a credit card from the U.S. to Cambodia?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Shipping from the United States

Post by Username Taken »

Kenr wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:54 pm Anyone from the U.S., or has shipped from the U.S., know the best service to use to ship a credit card from the U.S. to Cambodia?
>>> ask-the-expats-questions-answers/shippi ... 46681.html
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i just have had them sent regular airmail in a birthday card unactivated.
so far, never had one lost
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:31 pm i just have had them sent regular airmail in a birthday card unactivated.
USPS to Cambodia? If so, approximately how much did it cost and how long did it take?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:36 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:31 pm i just have had them sent regular airmail in a birthday card unactivated.
USPS to Cambodia? If so, approximately how much did it cost and how long did it take?
think it was like $2.50 1st class mail and took 6 weeks to Kep
same cost to Thailand but usually 2 weeks :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:44 pm
Kenr wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:36 pm
think it was like $2.50 1st class mail and took 6 weeks to Kep
same cost to Thailand but usually 2 weeks :beer3:
Thanks. Unfortunately need it a little faster than that. Just got my credit card hacked by some dipshit in Lancaster, Nebraska of all places, buying apps from Apple and music on iTunes. Been looking online at EMS, FedEx, UPS, and whatever else may be available, but most defiantly looking for what's quick and reliable.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Recently ( siem reap )
Got mine hacked also using it for the same junk , they ( hacker ) also got a big chunk of cash thru Zelle.
I messaged the bank with my fake named facebook account and got them to call me back on thier dime
Very good bank i told them no toll free here and I hate waiting on hold - so they call me back ,
For the credit card I had my son call them with me on the internet with him ( 3 party call ) weird hours .
Explained it all , they took care of the problems ( canceled the charges / refund ) and sent me a new card by courier
( it took awhile , 2 times , 1st attemp failed - for me to get it , a couple of months ) .
Sent to my address with the landlords phone number so he could explain where it is to
get it to my place . Not fun , not easy but that’s what happened ..

All of my other “ supplies “ I get from my son ( doctor 😉 ) in a package 📦 from the post office
To sihanoukville and kampong thom post office. Not lately to siem reap
Nanook
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Nanook »

I have used both FedEx and DHL. Both were acceptable. DHL was a bit faster, but more expensive.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Nanook wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:27 am I have used both FedEx and DHL. Both were acceptable. DHL was a bit faster, but more expensive.
Thanks. I did look at both companies websites and both stated that they don’t ship debit or credit cards. You didn’t have any issues so I’ll check it out. Thanks again.

How long did each one take if you don’t mind?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kenr wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:41 am
Nanook wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:27 am I have used both FedEx and DHL. Both were acceptable. DHL was a bit faster, but more expensive.
Thanks. I did look at both companies websites and both stated that they don’t ship debit or credit cards. You didn’t have any issues so I’ll check it out. Thanks again.

How long did each one take if you don’t mind?
I've had DHL return my shipment because of a credit card inside. Only banks can send debit/credit cards due to money laundry rules.

Also had like 10 of them go through fine. Seems like a bit of a hit and miss. But anything that can be done to hide the card will likely help.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic