RIP 2023 and ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

RIP 2023 and ?

Post by Tootsfriend »

Thank god 2023 has gone and it ended up a mess.

The mother of my 4 girls passed away last night giving birth to her fifth baby at age 50 years old . And no ,she was never my girlfriend or wife. The father left when the youngest one was born , 12 years ago, then the mother abandoned them after that and she probably thought that as I was supporting them she had the freedom in her life to find another boyfriend and have his baby.
It has made the girls grow up fast not having a father , who they haven't seen for 12 years, or mother they very rarely saw, and now they are left to arrange all the funeral details, as I only got back to Australia yesterday [ Saturday ]

It pays to look after family and those closest to you as tomorrow, they, or you may not be here.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: RIP 2023 and ?

Post by Random Dude »

Good riddance to '23, it has been a rough year.

I think '24 is going to be bad for a lot of people too, but for me at least, there's a light at the end of the tunnel ... Just hope it's not a train!

Happy new year people, hope it's a decent one, and without too much drama.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

I hate to be a pessimist, but I don’t see any reason to think that 2024 is going to be better.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

2023 was a great year and I think 2024 will be even greater. Cheers!
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

I rather enjoyed 2023. Remember folks, it may not be fashionable, but it's OK to be OK!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

2023 my first full year of retirement, and living in Cambodia, so it was pretty great. 2024 won’t be any different.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Knowing I can do anything I want, 2024 will likely be spent drinking cheap beer and posting on CEO.

Happy new year to the lot of you :hattip:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:01 am Thank god 2023 has gone and it ended up a mess.

The mother of my 4 girls passed away last night giving birth to her fifth baby at age 50 years old . And no ,she was never my girlfriend or wife. The father left when the youngest one was born , 12 years ago, then the mother abandoned them after that and she probably thought that as I was supporting them she had the freedom in her life to find another boyfriend and have his baby.
It has made the girls grow up fast not having a father , who they haven't seen for 12 years, or mother they very rarely saw, and now they are left to arrange all the funeral details, as I only got back to Australia yesterday [ Saturday ]

It pays to look after family and those closest to you as tomorrow, they, or you may not be here.
Respect, all the best for 2024.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

When did she get out of that Indonesian prison? Sorry to hear she has died.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic