New rules for foreign visitors to Malaysia

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

New rules for foreign visitors to Malaysia

Post by phuketrichard »

PETALING JAYA: Foreigners who wish to enter Malaysia will have to fill up the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) three days prior to their arrival, effective immediately.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/ ... o-malaysia

no idea if it applies to land entry

https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mda ... gisterMain.

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: New rules for foreign visitors to Malaysia

Post by Kenr »

No last minute trips to Malaysia I guess.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

It's the only country that has asked me for a departure ticket on arrival :?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I think a key word may have been omitted in this.

According to a couple of other sources, the MDAC is to be submitted ‘within 3 days of arrival’. Whereas the news article could easily be misconstrued as meaning at least 3 days prior. Bad translation, or a convenient way of making a non story interesting? Either way, sloppy vague writing leading to misunderstandings.

This from the Malaysian airlines website-

As I use Malaysian airlines occasionally, often booked at short notice, I’m interested to know if they have implemented something restrictive, or just worded it very badly. Earlier this year, a notice was passed around, ostensibly from people who know, regarding immigration restrictions. It created some mayhem, until it was realised that it applied only to Indian nationals, and so irrelevant to the rest of us.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

When i entered Malaysia I just got a stamp, no questions asked, big line, waited about 2 hours. I left 85 days later. On the way out they took a look at the passport for a few minutes. We get 90 days legally. I think they were trying to figure out how many days i have left before im over 90. Stamped then went on my way.

The only country where i had a question about my exit was Sweden... and thats supposed to be in Schengen. I was coming from Denmark which was also in Schengen.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:54 pm PETALING JAYA: Foreigners who wish to enter Malaysia will have to fill up the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) three days prior to their arrival, effective immediately.

wrong
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

https://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/mai ... laysia-en/
1.5.Filling in the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card(MDAC).a.Visitors are required to complete a Malaysia Digital Arrival Card(MDAC)/ (IM.26) upon arrival at any gate of entry gazetted at the URL https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mda ... b.Visitors must present their passports together with a complete MDACto the Immigration Officer on duty and visitors must also ensure that their passports or travel documents are validated with the appropriate passbefore leaving the immigration counter.

Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Richard it would have helped if you had actually READ what you shared with us.

Firstly, this is optional, limited to the 10 listed nationalities.

Secondly, the benefit if you do use this is that you can use the automatic gates to enter and exit at KLIA, which stands for, Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Thirdly, because of that, not applicable to entries by land at this time.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

please re read the link

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/ ... o-malaysia

or this one
https://www.travelandleisureasia.com/gl ... ival-card/

or this one:
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-as ... rival-card
From Dec 1, all foreigners travelling to Malaysia will have to fill up the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC).

The Immigration Department of Malaysia said on Facebook on Dec 1 that the online card will have to be completed before arrival.
Alex post_id=615073 time=1703421330 user_id=108]
Richard it would have helped if you had actually READ what you shared with us.

Firstly, this is optional, limited to the 10 listed nationalities.
??
All travellers are required to submit their Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) before arriving in Malaysia, except :
Those transiting/transferring through Singapore without seeking immigration clearance; and
Malaysia Permanent Resident
and this is concerning the auto gate

for the 10 passports use of the auto gate at KL airport is allowed
Meanwhile, based on an infographic at the Immigration Department’s MDAC website, visitors from 10 countries (Australia, Brunei, Germany, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United States and the United Kingdom) will be eligible to use auto gates when arriving and leaving KLIA’s Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.

First-time visitors will not be able to use the autogate on their first trip as their passports need to be verified at the manual counter manned by Immigration personnel.These visitors can use the autogates upon arrival and departure only for subsequent visits (where their MDAC would still have to be submitted three days before every visit to Malaysia) and only after they have successfully enrolled to use the autogate for immigration clearance.

I
In the MDAC form, travellers are required to fill up their date of arrival, date of departure, mode of transport (air, land or sea) and last port of embarkation
BUT of course, no auto gate at land/sea borders

I guess we all interpret this differently and lets agree to disagree>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic