Photo shop

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Photo shop

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Mrs Cargo and I recently got some wedding pics done in PP. I have the digital files for these. We want to get some of them blown up, printed and take to Australia to be framed. I'm thinking it may be possible to find a place in PP that produce prints that can be rolled up and put into a cylinder canister for easy, secure transport on the plane at check in.

Of course, we could just get all this done in Australia but we figured it might be cheaper to firstly get the prints done here and then later frame them in Australia.

Has anyone done this and can recommend a good photo shop in PP to do this?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: Photo shop

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:47 pm Mrs Cargo and I recently got some wedding pics done in PP. I have the digital files for these. We want to get some of them blown up, printed and take to Australia to be framed. I'm thinking it may be possible to find a place in PP that produce prints that can be rolled up and put into a cylinder canister for easy, secure transport on the plane at check in.

Of course, we could just get all this done in Australia but we figured it might be cheaper to firstly get the prints done here and then later frame them in Australia.

Has anyone done this and can recommend a good photo shop in PP to do this?
Those gold coloured A4 photo frames are only 6.000 r and would only take up 12 mm of space if laid flat in a suitcase, assuming your baggage is of that type.
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

For simple stuff like that you can basically go to any printing shop.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

RedBull wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:28 am For simple stuff like that you can basically go to any printing shop.
They they can do it. But often the colours fade on the photos quickly - better printing shops provide better quality.
I’d go to one of the 2 or on 3 Preah Sihanouk on right going towards independence monument.
And explain that you want the high quality printing on good paper not the cheap crap.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:27 am https://iqlab.co.th/home/
Museum quality
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:44 am
Museum quality
Do you not know what country you are in? Or do you do things like this intentionally for attention?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kenr wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:50 am
Museum quality
Do you not know what country you are in? Or do you do things like this intentionally for attention?
Peace bro ... peace bro
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:09 am
Kenr wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:50 am
Museum quality
Peace bro ... peace bro
All is good. I'm just wondering why you recommend a place in Thailand when the OP is looking for a place in Phnom Penh.

Just like you recommend an impractical and useless scooter in Vietnam for someone who is looking for a Scoopy or something similar here in Phnom Penh.

Makes no sense.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Find an online photo lab in Australia, upload your digital files and pick up or have them send the prints to you in Australia. Seems easier than transporting mailing tubes.

C-Type prints are not that expensive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic