Wanted: Low cost scooter <$500 (Scoopy?)

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Wanted: Low cost scooter <$500 (Scoopy?)

Post by RedBull »

Check out Honda Airblade. For some reason they're not popular among Cambodians but I wouldn't know why. Decent bike for a fair price. Easy to find for less than $500.
mrkhun
Tourist

Post by mrkhun »

Interesting read to come back to after a few days! :)

Thanks all for the suggestions and advice (including the 3 wheeled trike thing from Vietnam?? although I'll politely pass on that suggestion)

It seems servicing history or maintenance is not existent here in Cambodia (based on other threads) so I'm best looking at the general condition; leaks, rattles, smoke, crud etc under the plastic body. Are Chinese knock-offs a thing for scooters as well? I didn't realise!

The Scoopy's listed under $500 - are they simply non-existent (i.e. already sold and used as bait to attract buyers to higher priced stock) or would they be in terrible mechanical condition?

The Honda Airblade looks like a good option also.

I'll keep looking at khmer24 etc. but would appreciate if you could post links to any scooters that seem to be a good deal here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

mrkhun wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:12 pmAre Chinese knock-offs a thing for scooters as well? I didn't realise!
You bet!!! I lived in Vietnam when Chinese knock-offs started entering the market and the number of bikes literally exploded overnight. My ex insisted on buying one, against my better judgement. Pretty much binned it after a month and bought a real Japanese bike.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

To the OP. If you have an hour or two to kill one day go down to street 274 and 143. There are many motorcycle shops in that area. You might be able to get a general idea what you might have to pay for what you want, maybe even find something that catches your eye that nobody has mentioned.

Granted you will probably pay more through the dealer than a private seller, but you never know.
Colkurtz
Tourist

Post by Colkurtz »

Was searching just for kicks and came across this. Seems like a good deal and is likely an English speaker selling. In Kampot but transport to PP can be arranged fairly easily. I have no affiliation with the seller just seemed better priced than other air blades listed.

https://m.khmer24.com/en/honda--airblad ... d-10117931
mrkhun
Tourist

Post by mrkhun »

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

mrkhun wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:29 am How about this?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 283436510/
That's not the actual price

looks fine but u would need to see how it runs and drives as look are redundant
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Gazzy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:04 pm Fridaywithmateo...how to win friends and influence people :D
This made me laugh...

post614631.html#p614631
mrkhun
Tourist

Post by mrkhun »

K24 and FB Marketplace are a tricky place to navigate so thought to also post here - will pay a spotters fee if anyone spots a 2015+ Honda Zoomer (black or white) under $500
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

I’ve been considering buying a new(ish) moto and spent some time on Khmer24 and FB marketplace last night.
Both places are completely overrun with trade sellers - I couldn’t find anything from a private seller. I hate dealing with trade sellers here, they are full of shit and invariably don’t have what they advertised but offer you something inferior at a higher price.
Buying new from a dealer is more attractive (to me) that buying an expensive second hand bike from trade.

I suspect that they make decent money from finance companies and prefer that you pay it off rather than a cash purchase
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic