Wanted: Low cost scooter <$500 (Scoopy?)

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Wanted: Low cost scooter <$500 (Scoopy?)

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:34 pm It’s a 500kw engine with the upgrade … no offense, but you are mistaken sir. Does fine with passenger … but not fat chicks. 250 lbs max load. I admit it might struggle in San Francisco … ya know a hilly city … but it’d be fine for zipping around PP. Honest.
So the equivalent of 670.511 horsepower that's impressive,what's the 0-60mph timings on that and how do you keep the front wheel down?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

With upgraded engine (I have) … but my best is 50 … on downgrade

“MYLO Plus uses a 500w motor to power the system. The MYLO will get up to 28 miles per charge for the stock double battery models. Top speed of 18mph”
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Are you so thick that you can't even imagine that the OP might want to carry someone (or even a gallon of water) around town without the hassle to look like a clown, with enough power to be able to avoid all kind of crazy shit on Khmer roads, or other basic concerns that make 99% of people choose a SCOOTER instead of some 3 wheels nonsense ?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:52 pm With upgraded engine (I have) … but my best is 50 … on downgrade

“MYLO Plus uses a 500w motor to power the system. The MYLO will get up to 28 miles per charge for the stock double battery models. Top speed of 18mph”
You are so full of shi_. It is not capable of doing that. You said 55 before, which is even bigger crap.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

We’re only page 3 of this thread, and it’s getting a bit ‘acrimonious’, while off on a tangent. It’s a thread about a scoopy.

Might I humbly suggest that we let the thread drift stop, here? We all know where and how it’s started. And Mr.Friday, please take a moment before continuing posting, as quite a few of your contributions in the last several days are bordering on spam, not discussion. Across many topics. They are likely to get treated accordingly if you persist.

Maybe draw on some of that writing experience that you claim in your bio.

It’s silly season, after all.
Ps. Bah, humbug!
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:01 pm Image
The warning is noted but I just have to say before we get back on topic,that is absolutely the gayest mode of transportation I have ever seen in my life?

It is 100 times gayer than Gay Paris in the Springtime!
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Now back on topic I believe that the motorbikes shops are up around the Olympic Stadium in Phnom Penh?

I remember going to look at them a while back so it may have changed but I doubt it?

Anyway I came very close to purchasing a Chinese copy of the Honda Click it really was the spitting image,brand new it was something like USD $1,100-1,200 probably not as reliable as the Jap bikes obviously?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Either way, I hope Santa brings OP the perfect bike … merry Christmas … even the Grinch needs a hug sometimes. Peace be to you all and good will towards men!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:41 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:24 pm I scored the First Gen MYLO E-Bike from HT Camera in Saigon back in 2020 ... love it ... paid $900, delivered ready to roll. Fastest I had it was 55kmh (slight downhill) and range of 15km give or take. Charges full in 4 hours, built like a tank. Folds, so you can take it to the bar and get a heat on, fold it up and throw it in the back of a taxi. No miss, no fuss. I plan to buy a second for my wife next year when we visit Saigon.
Who gives a shit? Anyone? The OP was asking a question, not about your "SCORE" back in 2020.
doesn't matter what the post is about, this guy had one, knew someone, did it or knows all about it or posts something off topic about the OP
:please:

for me, I'd look at an older wave, I see 2015 and down ones on the kampot FB for under $500>
IMHO a better bike all around
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic