Wanted: Low cost scooter <$500 (Scoopy?)

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: Wanted: Low cost scooter <$500 (Scoopy?)

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Kenr wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:23 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:14 pm
Kenr wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:41 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:24 pm I scored the First Gen MYLO E-Bike from HT Camera in Saigon back in 2020 ... love it ... paid $900, delivered ready to roll. Fastest I had it was 55kmh (slight downhill) and range of 15km give or take. Charges full in 4 hours, built like a tank. Folds, so you can take it to the bar and get a heat on, fold it up and throw it in the back of a taxi. No miss, no fuss. I plan to buy a second for my wife next year when we visit Saigon.

Who gives a shit? Anyone? The OP was asking a question, not about your "SCORE" back in 2020.
Might be a good alternative to a snoopy. I think used ones are going for around $600-$700.
So you expect the OP to go to Vietnam to buy one?
Might be able to deliver ... or do a day trip on Giant Ibis ... bus stop is walking distance to the shop. That's how I got mine here to Cambodia. Easy peasy. It's really a great buy. $1650 MSRP is USA.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Fridaywithmateo...how to win friends and influence people 😀
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

How they can sell a bike of such quality for such a low price is beyond me. And it’s a real head-turner to boot.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:09 pm
Kenr wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:23 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:14 pm
Kenr wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:41 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:24 pm I scored the First Gen MYLO E-Bike from HT Camera in Saigon back in 2020 ... love it ... paid $900, delivered ready to roll. Fastest I had it was 55kmh (slight downhill) and range of 15km give or take. Charges full in 4 hours, built like a tank. Folds, so you can take it to the bar and get a heat on, fold it up and throw it in the back of a taxi. No miss, no fuss. I plan to buy a second for my wife next year when we visit Saigon.

Who gives a shit? Anyone? The OP was asking a question, not about your "SCORE" back in 2020.
Might be a good alternative to a snoopy. I think used ones are going for around $600-$700.
So you expect the OP to go to Vietnam to buy one?
Might be able to deliver ... or do a day trip on Giant Ibis ... bus stop is walking distance to the shop. That's how I got mine here to Cambodia. Easy peasy. It's really a great buy. $1650 MSRP is USA.
LOL. That thing is only good for, well, nothing. Top speed is 30 kmh and is only good for a single rider. You would get killed trying to get in and out of one of the roundabouts here in Phnom Penh and it would be worthless to try and ride it at night. it's not even practical to drive on any of the major roads here.

You just found a time to plug your alleged score in 2020 while in Vietnam.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

It’s a 500kw engine with the upgrade … no offense, but you are mistaken sir. Does fine with passenger … but not fat chicks. 250 lbs max load. I admit it might struggle in San Francisco … ya know a hilly city … but it’d be fine for zipping around PP. Honest.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:34 pm It’s a 500kw engine with the upgrade
Really?
My fast cars are only rated at 160kw and 210kw, respectively. And they’re pretty lively.

Have you got the units right?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's quite obvious from the OP that they want to buy a Scoopy or something similar. Nobody wants to know about some weird tricycle someone bought in Vietnam.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:01 pm It's quite obvious from the OP that they want to buy a Scoopy or something similar. Nobody wants to know about some weird tricycle someone bought in Vietnam.
Just a friendly suggestion.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:34 pm It’s a 500kw engine with the upgrade … no offense, but you are mistaken sir. Does fine with passenger … but not fat chicks. 250 lbs max load. I admit it might struggle in San Francisco … ya know a hilly city … but it’d be fine for zipping around PP. Honest.
Apparently you don’t even know what you own. It’s a 250w, not kw, battery, and the second battery is used to extend the range, not provide more power.

You should probably read your owners manual, if you really even have this.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kenr wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:57 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:34 pm It’s a 500kw engine with the upgrade … no offense, but you are mistaken sir. Does fine with passenger … but not fat chicks. 250 lbs max load. I admit it might struggle in San Francisco … ya know a hilly city … but it’d be fine for zipping around PP. Honest.
Apparently you don’t even know what you own. It’s a 250w, not kw, battery, and the second battery is used to extend the range, not provide more power.

You should probably read your owners manual, if you really even have this.

Been drinkin' ... sorry ... I'll go fu*k myself now ... sigh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic