e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

cabron wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:25 pm What about travelers with dumb phones with no internet for now the paper form is ok but in july when the e-arrival will be enforced.
I can say with certainty that the paper cards will still be available in the arrivals hall for those who didn't complete the e-Arrival.

P.S. you don't need a smart phone/tablet, there is a desktop version and you can print out the QR code.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

On april 4th I crossed the Koh Kong landborder /from Haad Lek (thailand). Only paper-arrivalcards were issued.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I arrived on the 7th of April. In the plane they gave out the immigration cards, but said for the customs form, you need the QR. I don't know if they accept the customs QR or not, I still had the blue sheets with me, filled it out, handed it over and out I was. But they have now a new x-ray machine at the exit
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The worst thing about this new system is remembering to actually do it...sitting here in the lounge in Doha sinking piss, opened CEO and saw this post, so have just completed my e-arrival for my arrival tomorrow ...like i said previously, the paper cards will still be available because this new system isn't well publicised, Qatar Airways check in staff in Basra certainly didn't know anything about it.

Will update my on arrival experience in a few days
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:08 pm The worst thing about this new system is remembering to actually do it...sitting here in the lounge in Doha sinking piss, opened CEO and saw this post, so have just completed my e-arrival for my arrival tomorrow ...like i said previously, the paper cards will still be available because this new system isn't well publicised, Qatar Airways check in staff in Basra certainly didn't know anything about it.

So as mentioned by a previous poster, there are now several well sign posted dedicated passport lanes for those who completed the e-Arrival, Immigration Officers have obviously been trained sufficiently and the process was quick and smooth, off the plane and in a tuk-tuk within 10 minutes :thumb:

Oh, and plenty of paper Immigration cards available for those who didn't complete the e-Arrival.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:50 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:08 pm The worst thing about this new system is remembering to actually do it...sitting here in the lounge in Doha sinking piss, opened CEO and saw this post, so have just completed my e-arrival for my arrival tomorrow ...like i said previously, the paper cards will still be available because this new system isn't well publicised, Qatar Airways check in staff in Basra certainly didn't know anything about it.

So as mentioned by a previous poster, there are now several well sign posted dedicated passport lanes for those who completed the e-Arrival, Immigration Officers have obviously been trained sufficiently and the process was quick and smooth, off the plane and in a tuk-tuk within 10 minutes :thumb:

Oh, and plenty of paper Immigration cards available for those who didn't complete the e-Arrival.
Welcome back to the Charming City and thanks for the e-Arrival info.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic