e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
User avatar
cabron
Expatriate
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:50 pm
Reputation: 172
Cambodia

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by cabron »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:17 pm so i arrived a few days ago and was super frustrated. Excited to do the thing online and move quickly thru the system

they told me they DO NOT ACCEPT the arrival card in PP yet.. ONly in Siem Reap

what kinda bullshit is that? i also spoke to a manager or someone above the guy... no..

what the fuck is that about?
That's Cambodia way to do things, do not worry this new E-requirement will fizzled-out like so many other projects.
Boredom is like a shroud
User avatar
BklynBoy
Expatriate
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 579
United States of America

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by BklynBoy »

cabron wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:05 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:17 pm so i arrived a few days ago and was super frustrated. Excited to do the thing online and move quickly thru the system

they told me they DO NOT ACCEPT the arrival card in PP yet.. ONly in Siem Reap

what kinda bullshit is that? i also spoke to a manager or someone above the guy... no..

what the fuck is that about?
That's Cambodia way to do things, do not worry this new E-requirement will fizzled-out like so many other projects.
i feel the opposite.. easier to do in advance..thats the whole point... so basically did it..they said no.. then had to do the shit all over.. fucking dumb. why wouldnt they notify people that the service is only for Siem reap

smh
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 4922
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 3240
New Zealand

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Myself and plenty others have entered/exited via PNH using the app...sounds like you just encountered some incompetent/clueless IO's who made up a BS excuse (no surprise there).

I can see this app being scrapped before the trial period is over.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 16839
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 5754
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 pm Myself and plenty others have entered/exited via PNH using the app...sounds like you just encountered some incompetent/clueless IO's who made up a BS excuse (no surprise there).

I can see this app being scrapped before the trial period is over.
Do Khmers need fill it out as thye had to do the paper one ?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 8899
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 8180
Location: PHNOM PENH
Great Britain

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 pm Myself and plenty others have entered/exited via PNH using the app...sounds like you just encountered some incompetent/clueless IO's who made up a BS excuse (no surprise there).

I can see this app being scrapped before the trial period is over
.
Thailand doesn't have any entry 'cards'. The paper ones were abandoned some time ago (at least 2years I think?) and there is no digital replacement. The never verified the information on them and they have better methods of keeping tabs and tracking down people these days.

Cambodia might just figure out (a) the monetary cost of the digital entry card system (b) the value of the information contained therein and (c) that it's just not worth it.

Then it might be quietly dropped and forgotten about. We have far bigger problems coming our way with the yet-to-be-revealed taxi rates and journey times from the new airport.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 16839
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 5754
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by phuketrichard »

still uses the arrival cards on land borders.
But not air
its all in the computer so why have them at all?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 4922
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 3240
New Zealand

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:55 am
Do Khmers need fill it out as thye had to do the paper one ?
Yes, everyone
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 4922
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 3240
New Zealand

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:23 am . We have far bigger problems coming our way with the yet-to-be-revealed taxi rates and journey times from the new airport.
No problem for me....Much closer to my home than the current airport ;-)
User avatar
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:43 pm
Reputation: 1505
Cambodia

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:57 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:23 am . We have far bigger problems coming our way with the yet-to-be-revealed taxi rates and journey times from the new airport.
No problem for me....Much closer to my home than the current airport ;-)
It depends on the extent of unavoidable charges to enter the airport and to use connecting roads, as they sought to do at SAI.
There will be a desire to recoup the enormous investment. And this time it's not the Chinese (who tend to be more patient), they pulled out in 2021. I wonder why they pulled out btw.
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 8899
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 8180
Location: PHNOM PENH
Great Britain

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:57 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:23 am . We have far bigger problems coming our way with the yet-to-be-revealed taxi rates and journey times from the new airport.
No problem for me....Much closer to my home than the current airport ;-)
And much closer to the home of HE apparently. Airport too far from your new house in the country? No problem....build a new International airport just down the road from you.

Now that's power!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests