whats going on with Cambodian forums?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: whats going on with Cambodian forums?

Post by violet »

^MarkArmstrong comes to mind
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:52 pm
ItWasntMe wrote:I think that the influx of smart phones, influencers, booking services, taxi apps etc has just made traveling too accessible to the general public. They have started venturing out of their designated spots, like Barcelona or Rome, and is causing havoc allover the world.

Just my opinion of course.
Designated spots?

Are you implying that the ‘unwashed masses’ need to be kept in their cages to not cause ‘havoc’, while the ‘privileged few’ should be allowed to roam the world freely?
Deep down you realize it yourself, you should never have been allowed to venture anywhere without your mommy. Look at all the trouble you've gotten yourself into, it quite literally gave you a heart condition.

JUST MY OPINION, OF COURSE.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Alex wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:44 pm
ItWasntMe wrote:I think that the influx of smart phones, influencers, booking services, taxi apps etc has just made traveling too accessible to the general public. They have started venturing out of their designated spots, like Barcelona or Rome, and is causing havoc allover the world.

Designated spots?

Are you implying that the ‘unwashed masses’ need to be kept in their cages to not cause ‘havoc’, while the ‘privileged few’ should be allowed to roam the world freely?
Deep down you realize it yourself, you should never have been allowed to venture anywhere without your mommy. Look at all the trouble you've gotten yourself into, it quite literally gave you a heart condition.

JUST MY OPINION, OF COURSE.
You should see my liver ...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Designated spots?
Comfort zones might have been a better choice of words.

In case you hadn't noticed, previously it was like this:

Americans travelled to Central America, the adventurous ones ventured down to South America. Very rare to see a yank is Asia.

Aussies went to Bali. Some even ventured as far as Bangkok.

Brits kept within Europe, mainly Spain and the Mediterranean.

Those were back in the olden days.

In the 70s and 80s, Richard was the first American to discover Asia and Europe.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:55 am
Well technically we assumed he was a Canadian refugee or something, so we didn't thought much about it at first and let him in, but his American lignage became self evident due to the amounts of ketchup / fries / cocacola he was loudly ordering here and there in various touristic locations, and the odd shortage of XS condoms in pharmacies in parallel which was really weird, the Brits having their own production factory for that matter ^^

As Frogs, we felt compelled to force him out before he could settle here, but something must have gone wrong anyway when you see the hords of Yankee tourists clogging the pedestrian traffic in our most cherished places nowadays. He must have nested somewhere, somehow...
Eventually he moved to Asia afterwise, then suddenly we began experiencing the arrival of around 700.000 various Asians, by boat, scared to the bone from what they witnessed.
Coïncidences ?
I don't think so ^^
Don't fool yourselves, he's a mass migration motivator of it's own kind.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Designated spots?

Americans travelled to Central America, the adventurous ones ventured down to South America. Very rare to see a yank is Asia.

No mention of it here.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awrjahw ... 8X8.07wtQ-
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Designated spots?

Now ur just trolling me
and having a go at me cause i travelled young, while u kept sucking at ur mommies tit? :stir:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1702950456599867

just came up, love it:
I chose the road less traveled and now
I don't know where the fuck I am...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Designated spots?

Lol
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:15 am

Designated spots?

Now ur just trolling me
and having a go at me cause i travelled young, while u kept sucking at ur mommies tit? :stir:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1702950456599867

just came up, love it:
I chose the road less traveled and now
I don't know where the fuck I am...
Nice photo, must be some strange german guy, going to Kabul in a French Berliet 356 and without an aircon on the roof, its more or less the worst truck you could purchase in the late 70s to go so far, hahaha. Probably when new he could do the first run wthout breaking down !!!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:19 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:15 am
Nice photo, must be some strange german guy, going to Kabul in a French Berliet 356 and without an aircon on the roof, its more or less the worst truck you could purchase in the late 70s to go so far, hahaha. Probably when new he could do the first run wthout breaking down !!!
Oddly, maybe not, I looked at that photo and wondered for a moment if you might be in it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic