USA Military Recruiting Could be Going Global

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: USA Military Recruiting Could be Going Global

Post by Tootsfriend »

Oh , look they are lining up already.

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

It all sounds very Hunger Games-esq to me.

Send the undocumented into the war zones. If they die, well that's one less illegal immigrant to worry about. If they win, they've proved themselves to be worthy of true American status.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:33 pm
YaTingPom wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:20 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:18 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:10 pm I have some compadres that gained their status through the army, seems it has always worked quite well.
Pretty sure current law does not allow undocumented immigrants to join ... those soldiers would have to have had some legal status to qualify to enlist.
But special forces are.

He's probably a ex SEAL or Ranger but is too modest to tell us.
The Filipinos served with US Forces during WWII ... deputized perhaps by executive order (?) ... not exactly sure the specifics, but I know those veterans are still fighting for VA benefits.
Need for expendable 9 cannon fodder.
Boredom is like a shroud
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

cabron wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:33 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:10 pm I have some compadres that gained their status through the army, seems it has always worked quite well.
Pretty sure current law does not allow undocumented immigrants to join ... those soldiers would have to have had some legal status to qualify to enlist.
But special forces are.

The Filipinos served with US Forces during WWII ... deputized perhaps by executive order (?) ... not exactly sure the specifics, but I know those veterans are still fighting for VA benefits.
Nah ... have to disagree there ... one of my best Marine buddies was Filipino ... he made Master Gunnery Sergeant ... just a stud among studs ... served briefly with Force Recon ... not cannon fodder bro, not.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:43 pm

But special forces are.

Nah ... have to disagree there ... one of my best Marine buddies was Filipino ... he made Master Gunnery Sergeant ... just a stud among studs ... served briefly with Force Recon ... not cannon fodder bro, not.
Sorry sir, I was not particularly picking on your friend. It started in the during the VT war. Generally speaking the military, lower its standards when it falls way, way behind in its recruitment quotas. Usually happens during wartime but there have been exceptions.
Boredom is like a shroud
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

cabron wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:22 pm
But special forces are.

Sorry sir, I was not particularly picking on your friend. It started in the during the VT war. Generally speaking the military, lower its standards when it falls way, way behind in its recruitment quotas. Usually happens during wartime but there have been exceptions.
Thank you much, but I'm no "sir" ... I am an enlisted man and dang proud of that. Have a great day.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cabron wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:22 pm
But special forces are.

Like McNamara's Morons? 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:43 pm Nah ... have to disagree there ... one of my best Marine buddies was Filipino ... he made Master Gunnery Sergeant ... just a stud among studs ... served briefly with Force Recon ... not cannon fodder bro, not.
Excessive use of... the ellipsis is... a strange way... of... communicating.

More to the point, the US military has had trouble recruiting for some time now.
Despite a barrage of hefty bonuses, loosened and more progressive enlistment requirements, and even the creation of innovative pre-boot camp programs, the U.S. military mostly fell short in efforts to bring more Americans into the services over the past year -- and it's unclear how or when that will change.
https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... -2023.html
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:26 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:43 pm Nah ... have to disagree there ... one of my best Marine buddies was Filipino ... he made Master Gunnery Sergeant ... just a stud among studs ... served briefly with Force Recon ... not cannon fodder bro, not.
Excessive use of... the ellipsis is... a strange way... of... communicating.

More to the point, the US military has had trouble recruiting for some time now.
Despite a barrage of hefty bonuses, loosened and more progressive enlistment requirements, and even the creation of innovative pre-boot camp programs, the U.S. military mostly fell short in efforts to bring more Americans into the services over the past year -- and it's unclear how or when that will change.
https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... -2023.html
How does any writing style begin ... ??? ... I think ellipsis is easy to understand and increases written communication clarity ... feel free to disagree ... if we all agree on all things, life would be boring, me thinks
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Service earns citizenship. An idea as old as the Roman Empire itself. Pathway to citizenship is something the illegals have wanted for a long time. Illegals that have grown up in the US and had a proper education should be able to pass the qualifications. Serve for maybe 10 years (Roman service was 24 years). Just like those living in the Roman colonies throughout the empire.

As for the new batch who can’t even read and write in their native language, I’d be afraid.

My opinions, of course.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic