Good News ... Bad News ...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Good News ... Bad News ...

Post by Doc67 »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:54 pm
Random Dude wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:18 pm There was a guy in India who got taken out by his own cock, it was kitted with knives for the upcoming fight but just wanted to get GTF outta there. When the owner tried to catch the chook it stabbed him in the groin and he bled out.

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56224144

The story is two years old, but the other people involved in the event were to face charges for manslaughter, illegal betting, and hosting a cockfight. The chicken was to be sent to a farm, where he's hopefully strutting around as a prize breeding cock and getting all the hen pussy he can handle.

That's a badass chook, if he was a person he'd be Chuck Norris.
More like Cock Norris …
joke writing for stand up is one of my off-duty hobbies.
:facepalm:
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

EmpatheticUnicorn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:50 pm I had a neighbour once that decided to try his hand raising a dozen chickens or so. He knew that it wouldn't make him any money but he just loved animals and doing it as a hobby, he went through 3-4 generations before wanting to try something new. He had been chatting with some other guy he knew about him fighting his roosters with other people and decided to give it a go. He watched some youtube videos from Thailand and did some other research on training/exercising a rooster to fight. He picked his biggest cock and every day for a month he was picking it up and tossing it in different directions while it got used to retaining its balance and growing its strength and agility. By the end the rooster was quite used to being handled and actually came up to him regularly to do these exercises. He was ready to battle with his friend, until he thought that he might try some sparring with another one of his roosters. So he picked a much smaller one from his own coop and squared them off. His well-trained battle hardened rooster was swiftly picked apart by the smaller rooster and he promptly gave up the hobby and went to do some fishing.
Lol, yeah animal husbandry has its surprising moments. I've been bitten by so many dogs I've lost count (I worked for a veterinarian, so it was usually while trying to administer medicine, but you can't tell that to an animal and have them understand).
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:04 am Tough crowd
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Roryborealis wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:38 pm
EmpatheticUnicorn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:50 pm I had a neighbour once that decided to try his hand raising a dozen chickens or so. He knew that it wouldn't make him any money but he just loved animals and doing it as a hobby, he went through 3-4 generations before wanting to try something new. He had been chatting with some other guy he knew about him fighting his roosters with other people and decided to give it a go. He watched some youtube videos from Thailand and did some other research on training/exercising a rooster to fight. He picked his biggest cock and every day for a month he was picking it up and tossing it in different directions while it got used to retaining its balance and growing its strength and agility. By the end the rooster was quite used to being handled and actually came up to him regularly to do these exercises. He was ready to battle with his friend, until he thought that he might try some sparring with another one of his roosters. So he picked a much smaller one from his own coop and squared them off. His well-trained battle hardened rooster was swiftly picked apart by the smaller rooster and he promptly gave up the hobby and went to do some fishing.
Lol, yeah animal husbandry has its surprising moments. I've been bitten by so many dogs I've lost count (I worked for a veterinarian, so it was usually while trying to administer medicine, but you can't tell that to an animal and have them understand).
I worked for a reptile dealership in my high school days ... bitten by many critters
NitNoi
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by NitNoi »

This talk about cock fights reminds me of an embarrassing experience. I was visiting a Filipino friend's farm with my dog.
He raised fighting cocks as a hobby. He had great hopes for a young rooster, his current project, descended from champions. This bird knew he was special. Strutting and preening himself on top of a fence.
When he jumped down there was a flurry in the long grass then my dog laid the carcass at my feet!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

NitNoi wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:09 pm This talk about cock fights reminds me of an embarrassing experience. I was visiting a Filipino friend's farm with my dog.
He raised fighting cocks as a hobby. He had great hopes for a young rooster, his current project, descended from champions. This bird knew he was special. Strutting and preening himself on top of a fence.
When he jumped down there was a flurry in the long grass then my dog laid the carcass at my feet!
Clint Eastwood’s movie CRY MACHO comes to mind .. watched it 3 times already … recommend.

Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Random Dude wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:18 pm There was a guy in India who got taken out by his own cock, it was kitted with knives for the upcoming fight but just wanted to get GTF outta there. When the owner tried to catch the chook it stabbed him in the groin and he bled out.

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56224144

The story is two years old, but the other people involved in the event were to face charges for manslaughter, illegal betting, and hosting a cockfight. The chicken was to be sent to a farm, where he's hopefully strutting around as a prize breeding cock and getting all the hen pussy he can handle.

That's a badass chook, if he was a person he'd be Chuck Norris.
Chook Norris surely?
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

NitNoi wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:09 pm This talk about cock fights reminds me of an embarrassing experience. I was visiting a Filipino friend's farm with my dog.
Whoa, canine versus bird. Maybe your dog was waiting for that moment, or maybe he just saw his chance and took it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic