Longtime Australian Expat KEN LONG Dies in Phnom Penh from Heart Attack After Slip in Bathroom

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Longtime Australian Expat KEN LONG Dies in Phnom Penh from Heart Attack After Slip in Bathroom

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News: It's been reported by friends that Australian Expat, Ken Long, has passed away in Cambodia after falling in the bathroom, hitting his head, and then having a heart attack.

May he rest in peace and condolences to all of his friends and family around the world.

Some messages about Ken Long's passing from social media:

"Saddened to get a call today about a good friend Ken Long who sadly passed away.
I want to write this post, because Ken helped me tremendous amounts when I was working in Cambodia. I was introduced by mutual friends Holly Churchill and Luke, who said Ken would be willing to help if I needed anything.
From my 1st meeting with him, we hit it off and were belly laughing over a fews drinks. He then welcomed me into his home and friendship groups and made my stay in Cambodia so much more enjoyable and easy. It was never a dull moment with him and I remember just belly laughing every time I was with him.
The guy was a genuine guy, who was unapologetically himself and always a pleasure to be around.
Although I am saddened I am also so grateful to have met him and for everything his friendship did for me with my time in Cambodia.
I wish everyone meets someone like him in their lifetime, as people like Ken were such a bright light and just positive conversations. Since hearing the news, I have just been reminiscing on the good times and conversations we had together.
Rest easy mate, and I am certain there will be a lot of people raising a glass to you!"

"You always say I love you every day, but from now on you are gone.😭🙏Why such a fast time for me and you😭😭May your soul go to heaven, and if there is a future, I will meet you as a couple as before, love you forever.😭🙏🙏🙏"

"The world is worse off today as we lost a great friend, Ken Long always happy loved by many.
Condolences to Mitch and his whole family, he will always hold a place in our hearts.
Thanks to Bob, Packo and Dusty for the help.
Rest in peace"

"A Great friend to everyone who had the pleasure to know him. Will miss ya heaps buddy. Will be raising a glass in the bar for you old mate."

"Very sad, just returned from front bar, there is a fantastic bunch of blokes getting together to honour a great man. R.I.P Ken (Aka I am a Hugger)"

"not 100% sure looks like he might have slipped over in bathroom and hit his head then cardiac arrest"
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

RIP Ken, you will be greatly missed by many.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Longtime Australian Expat KEN LONG Dies in Phnom Penh from Heart Attack After Slip in Bathroom

Post by canucklhead »

RIP my brother
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Longtime Australian Expat KEN LONG Dies in Phnom Penh from Heart Attack After Slip in Bathroom

Post by IraHayes »

Condolences to his family and friends.
Although I never knew him it sounds like he was a sound guy and his passing will be a great loss.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

RIP

Death by falling in the bathroom is not such a uncommon occurance. When i shower and the floor is wet i walk really really carefully like a couple inches per step, for a reason. Those slippery tiles here are not to play with and certainly not if you slip and hit the back of your head on them or god forbid one of the sharp edges used to keep the water inside the shower.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Albror wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:36 am RIP

Death by falling in the bathroom is not such a uncommon occurance. When i shower and the floor is wet i walk really really carefully like a couple inches per step, for a reason. Those slippery tiles here are not to play with and certainly not if you slip and hit the back of your head on them or god forbid one of the sharp edges used to keep the water inside the shower.
Agree w/ you. I eventually put a towel and then bathmat. I slipped once and scraped the back of ankle or my heel. dangerous for sure
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I knew Ken a little, decent fellow. R.I.P

Hadn't seen him in donkey's years, he must have been a bit older than he looked

Tiled floors remain a mortal danger in Camboland. . .
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Albror wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:36 am RIP

I've lost track of the people this has happened to over here. I almost did it several times myself last year.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Condolences to his friends and family.

I thought Ken Cramer (LTO), who passed away in 2016, was the Canby Publications owner though...did this Ken Long buy Canby?

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501404958/ ... 01PZoVo5qM
Ken Long – well known in Phnom Penh expat and tourism circles as the publisher of the “Canby Guide” – is reported to have died in Phnom Penh.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I'm not sure he had anything to do with Canby. Possibly more Khmer Times cluelessness.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic