Longtime Australian Expat KEN LONG Dies in Phnom Penh from Heart Attack After Slip in Bathroom

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Longtime Australian Expat KEN LONG Dies in Phnom Penh from Heart Attack After Slip in Bathroom

Post by Bongmab69 »

I slipped badly when getting out of the shower 2 years ago. Only had a thick knee from it , because the girl with me was from a closed massage parlor and knew exactly what to do.
Since that day, i never ever shower when i get home after +15 beers, whats often a discussion for boomboom. And i resist, no boomboom: okay, i shower at 8am when i wake up. And boomboom is useally better at 8 am then 2 am also. Double winnings . . .
And that mat, is indeed nice, have one in the shower here, should be better in all the bathroom !!
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Longtime Australian Expat KEN LONG Dies in Phnom Penh from Heart Attack After Slip in Bathroom

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:43 pm In Cambodia they often use the pretty (slippery) tiles for floor & stairs. Beware, especially when wet.
Wash your tiles with a water + 10% chlorydric acid, rinse with AC water.

That makes the tiles not slippery anymore, even wet
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:11 pm
Khmer_Risotto wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:03 pm
This is probably a stupid question but do you have to stick it to the floor with something, or does it just stick automatically?
Yeah you just lay it down. It's some type of plastic, not foam, so it should last a long time. Bought it from a general housewares shop in TTP, they sold it by the meter.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:58 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:43 pm In Cambodia they often use the pretty (slippery) tiles for floor & stairs. Beware, especially when wet.

does it burn through the surface and create a rough grippy surface?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Any good Khmer gf will periodically strip naked and scrub away at the bathroom floor. This has the desired effect (and provides a pleasant spectacle). The acid mix sounds like a good tip to make it even more effective.
BTW, what is AC water?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:05 pm

Any good Khmer gf will periodically strip naked and scrub away at the bathroom floor. This has the desired effect (and provides a pleasant spectacle). The acid mix sounds like a good tip to make it even more effective.
BTW, what is AC water?
AC water, climatization water. I rinse with it so it halts the mix to bite further away the coating

The mix eats / bites the upper coating / layer of the tile, making it grippy, without altering the color of the tile.

It's not the sexiest, but it works quick. I done it at my house when my son was born, was necessery and worked well.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:11 pm
Khmer_Risotto wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:03 pm
This is probably a stupid question but do you have to stick it to the floor with something, or does it just stick automatically?
Yea , gravity holds it down pretty well .. make sure you get black
Mine was pink and turned all black underneath .
Pink is my favorite color ..
Better solution is to have house shoes ..
also saves stepping on little things like whatever your kids leave laying around

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:42 pm
does it burn through the surface and create a rough grippy surface?
It does.
But it happens in a smoking-paper thin thickness, so, nothing to be felt barefoot, except the grip of a basketball shoe on a wooden floor. It doesn't slip one bit.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

RIP
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic