Pre-marriage workshop

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Pre-marriage workshop

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Has anybody had any experience with attending Pre-marriage workshop for dual culture marriage in Phnom Penh?

When I was in the service, they had some great programs for mixed culture couples.

Wondering if they have similar program available here.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pre-marriage workshop

Post by armchairlawyer »

If it exists, that would make a superb reality TV series.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

🤣🤣🤣
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

If you play Farcebook, then I suggest you join the "Married2Cambodia" group.

The best way to learn is through spending time together, alone, and with your respective friends and families, in one another's countries....a pre- mixed culture marriage workshop sounds like a joke, mind you, I have spent my fair share of time on American Military bases whilst deployed, so that doesn't surprise me.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

I believe it’s held from the barstool at a number of bars on the riverside?
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:30 pm Has anybody had any experience with attending Pre-marriage workshop for dual culture marriage in Phnom Penh?

When I was in the service, they had some great programs for mixed culture couples.

When you find it can you enrol NKOTB please?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Earl of Mercia wrote:
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:30 pm Has anybody had any experience with attending Pre-marriage workshop for dual culture marriage in Phnom Penh?

When you find it can you enrol NKOTB please?
Married2Cambodia Facebook group is only for those living in Cambodia. Averaging about 2 posts a week or a month.

Too late for me to join, I suppose.

Is Cambodian, Chinese (Taiwanese) and American culture dual or more than 2 cultures?

The wife is always right. Whatever you spend on your better half always returns ten fold. Happy wife, happy life. It takes a wife to make ingredients into a meal, and a house into a home.

Just my opinions, of course.

Missus woke up at 5 am to go on a test run to the workplace. Stopped by Cambo Donut as my token of appreciation. Tomorrow she’s already agreed to go with me at 4 am (regular commute time) to make sure I’m ok as I prepare to return to hell and paycheck.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

This is my second dual culture marriage ... anyway you slice it, it's no cakewalk ... just trying to to do some preventive medicine here ... and I never use FB ... criminals in my book.

Oh ... and Happy Friday to all.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

The solution IMO is not to get married. Live one's life in sin, and enjoy all the whiskey you can drink.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic