Pre-marriage workshop

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Pre-marriage workshop

Post by Username Taken »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:43 am Post marriage workshop involves posting a picture of your massive bush with tiny pecker peeking out of it
No. That's mid-ceremony workshop. %)
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

I’m at the family compound now … chillin’ … just met the village chief to get proper permission to marry one of his … thumb stamp signatures were involved.

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:57 pm I’m at the family compound now … chillin’ … just met the village chief to get proper permission to marry one of his … thumb stamp signatures were involved.

Can he recommend a good tailor?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:57 pm I’m at the family compound now … chillin’ … just met the village chief to get proper permission to marry one of his … thumb stamp signatures were involved.

Have you actually completed the legal application for a Foreigner to Marry a Cambodian Citizen with the MoFAIC and MoI and received the approval to marry letter?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I doubt it. He is busy importing a golf club that can reach the moon.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:53 pm

Have you actually completed the legal application for a Foreigner to Marry a Cambodian Citizen with the MoFAIC and MoI and received the approval to marry letter?
On the list …
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:12 pm

On the list …
He most probably just issued 'proof of celibacy' which is no permission for you or her to get married together or to have the celebration. Watch your steps and thread carefully, you won't be the first to have your party interrupted because of lack of approval / documents.

Permission for marriage is issued by the Ministry of Interior and the marriage certificate is issued by the Sangkat, not the village chief.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kammekor wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:18 pm

On the list …
He most probably just issued 'proof of celibacy' which is no permission for you or her to get married together or to have the celebration. Watch your steps and thread carefully, you won't be the first to have your party interrupted because of lack of approval / documents.

Permission for marriage is issued by the Ministry of Interior and the marriage certificate is issued by the Sangkat, not the village chief.
My wife (and her entire family) is assigned logistics on this mission ... but thanks for that, will send it up the chain for action.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:54 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:18 pm

On the list …

My wife (and her entire family) is assigned logistics on this mission ... but thanks for that, will send it up the chain for action.
I think she knows. I can't imagine it was NOT brought up in the discussion with the village chief. If local village chiefs are anything, they're scared to make a mistake and are corrected by someone higher up the ladder.
If you and your wife's family are planning a public party make sure all the boxes with the authorities, including the Sangkat and the (military) police are checked.
Don't assume anything, but check with your wife and her (entire) family.
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:11 am ...cause I have no idea what’s going on in my wife’s Khmer brain 80 % of the time … always an adventure … but she is adorable to be sure.

Since you don't have a clue about her thoughts most of the time you better check.
Last edited by Kammekor on Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

[edit- insert image of shirtless male*]
On the list …
You might just be getting a permission slip for an expensive party if you’ve tried to circumvent the ‘system’
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic