My experience with Cambo Quick

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

My experience with Cambo Quick

Post by rgrowden »

I was requested to follow up on my order with CQ, after posting that it was now impossible to have items delivered from Amazon via DHL. I tried 2 different ways, and both times they wanted documentation that was utterly ridiculous. This after submitting the required documentation to Cambodia Customs. It was ubelievable what all they wanted, Unbelievable! Anyway, here's how it went with CQ.

I sent CQ the product page from Amazon containing the items I wanted. This on 1 November. They replied with a quote and instructions to deposit the money at ABA Bank in their account. I made the deposit and contacted them, enclosing a screenshot of said deposit. Today, 4 December, CQ contacted me, order is being delivered today. Ordering from Amazon, the total would have been $107.00. This incuded $27.00 for customs fee, which is usually refunded a couple of months later. My bill from CQ, in total, was $84.00.

It's a no-brainer. Want something from the US? Contact Cambo Quick. They respond to emails immediately. I'm preparing another order now, and will order probably once a month.

http://camboquick.com/
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: My experience with Cambo Quick

Post by Chuck Borris »

I had only good experience with them. Often shipping with them is cheaper than with Amazon or Ebay.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Thoughtful chap
Tourist
Australia

Post by Thoughtful chap »

I had a good experience with Cambo Quick too. Cheaper and quicker than the forecast/quote that Amazon gives you on the search page. It was just one book. I'm afraid I've forgotten for the minute how long it took but I recall it arriving sooner than even the CQ guy told me to expect.. He was very pleasant. I assume he saves money by waiting for sufficient orders to accumulate and paying a single low shipping fee? So I assume there's an element of luck involved. I don't recall him giving any guarantee that it will be cheaper though so please keep that in mind.

(Not a paid endorsement.. just spreading word of a good experience in case it helps anyone.)

Stay thoughtful.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Hmmm, I contacted them last week, still waiting for a reply....
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

rgrowden wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm This on 1 November. They replied with a quote and instructions to deposit the money at ABA Bank in their account. I made the deposit and contacted them, enclosing a screenshot of said deposit. Today, 4 December,
So, they took over a month to reply. OK, I guess I'll wait.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

rgrowden wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm I was requested to follow up on my order with CQ, after posting that it was now impossible to have items delivered from Amazon via DHL. I tried 2 different ways, and both times they wanted documentation that was utterly ridiculous. This after submitting the required documentation to Cambodia Customs. It was ubelievable what all they wanted, Unbelievable! Anyway, here's how it went with CQ.

I sent CQ the product page from Amazon containing the items I wanted. This on 1 November. They replied with a quote and instructions to deposit the money at ABA Bank in their account. I made the deposit and contacted them, enclosing a screenshot of said deposit. Today, 4 December, CQ contacted me, order is being delivered today. Ordering from Amazon, the total would have been $107.00. This incuded $27.00 for customs fee, which is usually refunded a couple of months later. My bill from CQ, in total, was $84.00.

It's a no-brainer. Want something from the US? Contact Cambo Quick. They respond to emails immediately. I'm preparing another order now, and will order probably once a month.

http://camboquick.com/
Yeah, I have used them dozens and dozens of times since around 2014 or 2015

Bar one or two small hiccups early on (which they made right without any issue both times) perfect service every time
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

hanno wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:14 pm
rgrowden wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm This on 1 November. They replied with a quote and instructions to deposit the money at ABA Bank in their account. I made the deposit and contacted them, enclosing a screenshot of said deposit. Today, 4 December,
So, they took over a month to reply. OK, I guess I'll wait.
You misinterpreted. They contacted me the same day. If they haven't responded to you, you'd better try again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic