Fentanyl Genocide in USA

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Fentanyl Genocide in USA

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Just read that in US & A ... 200 people are dead DAILY from fentanyl ... #WTFO
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Fentanyl Genocide in USA

Post by IraHayes »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:46 pm Just read that in US & A ... 200 people are dead DAILY from fentanyl ... #WTFO
And about 1,900 deaths per day from heart disease according to NY state Department of Health.

People make poor choices everyday and some of those choices are deceptively dangerous.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I thought the word, and term Genocide had a particular meaning.
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group:
Crisis is a term possibly better suited. Or do you mean to say that someone, some body in the USA is deliberately targeting people in the USA?
Dressing up an issue with dramatic terms detracts from, rather than highlighting a problem.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Freightdog wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:15 pm I thought the word, and term Genocide had a particular meaning.
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group:
Crisis is a term possibly better suited. Or do you mean to say that someone, some body in the USA is deliberately targeting people in the USA?
Dressing up an issue with dramatic terms detracts from, rather than highlighting a problem.
I might be wrong, but China is producing majority of the Fentanyl ... is it?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yes, I believe it was David Bowie who started this nonsense with his line " This ain't rock'n'roll, this is genocide." Whatever the hell that means.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Moved this topic to 'The 'Rest of the world'
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:17 pm
Freightdog wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:15 pm I thought the word, and term Genocide had a particular meaning.
Is this then your assertion- China is producing fentanyl, with the intent (genocide) of killing the US population at the rate of 200 people per day?

Or is this a situation where people with poor judgement, or in bad circumstances, or for a number of other reasons, manage to kill themselves with a commercially produced pharmaceutical?

I like science and technology related programs. Sadly, some of these get presented on YouTube with titles like Insane Engineering. There’s nothing insane about it. Beyond the comprehension of the person posting. Incredible, awesome, inspiring, but not insane. Just words chosen to add false drama or excitement, when the topic itself would quite readily achieve the same.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:17 pm
I don't know who makes all the fentanyl, but what difference does it make? The US has franchises all around the world selling junk food, but nobody reasonable would blame them for the diabetes/obesity /heart disease rates in another country. Don't eat shit food, don't mess around with dangerous drugs. if you choose to partake you can't complain about the effects they have on you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The fentanyl in the US is manufactured in Mexico. Most of the precursor chemicals are produced in China. Biden has been in talks with the Chinese government to try and stop the trade. The problem is that the precursor chemicals themselves are not banned and often have legitimate uses.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Anyway you slice it ... it's crooked AF ... just one man's opinion on a Sunday afternoon ... back to my regularly scheduled program ... which for sh*ts & giggles happens to be one of the most under-rated classic rock albums ever ... Tom Petty ... Damn The Torpedos.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic