New upcoming drug law

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: New upcoming drug law

Post by Kenr »

Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:30 pm
Kenr wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:01 pm If one chooses their holiday country based on being able to smoke weed then they need some serious help.
You are here for temples Im guessing? :)
I’m here in this part of the world because Mexico started having too many issues back in the 2000’s. My first trip in these parts were to Thailand, and I chose there over the other nearby countries because of the visa exemption, the food, the different areas to check out, and because there were more airline options and was the cheapest to fly into.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

I think we humans should be free to consume whatever we deem needed ... but it is true ... anything can be a major public health problem if misused or overindulgent ... take for example the worldwide crises of mobile phone addiction ... especially for young people ... this IMHO is a real pandemic. Compliments to China for restricting access to toxic online products for their youth ... good move, me thinks.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Kenr wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:01 pm If one chooses their holiday country based on being able to smoke weed then they need some serious help.
If you were to compare two countries with great beaches, similar prices for accommodation, food etc, but only one of those places allowed you to drink alcohol, where do you think the majority of tourists would go?

I don't think people who would like to be able to smoke a joint and chill in a hammock need serious help, any more than those who enjoy a few beers in the evening need help. It just makes a holiday destination that much more attractive than the places that would lock you up for smoking a joint and chilling in a hammock.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Random Dude wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:04 pm
If you were to compare two countries with great beaches, similar prices for accommodation, food etc, but only one of those places allowed you to drink alcohol, where do you think the majority of tourists would go?

I don't think people who would like to be able to smoke a joint and chill in a hammock need serious help, any more than those who enjoy a few beers in the evening need help. It just makes a holiday destination that much more attractive than the places that would lock you up for smoking a joint and chilling in a hammock.
Baja Norte ... Malibu of Mexico
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

To be honest, too many if’s. I don’t believe not being able to smoke weed will hurt Thailand’s tourism numbers.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:09 pm

To be honest, too many if’s. I don’t believe not being able to smoke weed will hurt Thailand’s tourism numbers.
nor do i
and you still cant "Legally" smoke recreational weed here , its just not at the moment enforced
PLUS
weed was easily available here before it was legal<
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It may have been available before this but it always seemed like one was taking a great risk if caught, of being extorted at least. Here in Cambodia it never seemed like anyone cared so much way back and not a whole lot more nowadays.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Cambodia is the REAL "Sabai" now in ASEAN (maybe Laos too) ... how long it will last ... nobody knows.

Thailand has gun issues ... yaba too ...
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

It’s not legal here in Cambodia but you can sure as shit get it any time you want it.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Kenr wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:17 pm It’s not legal here in Cambodia but you can sure as shit get it any time you want it.
Who would you ask if you wanted to buy it? Your trusted neighborhood motodop?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic