Can Hemp Save the World?

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Can Hemp Save the World?

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Found this video today. I say yes it can.

violet
Expatriate

Re: Can Hemp Save the World?

Post by violet »

Back in the90s I thought hemp was going to be huge and save the world (kind of). In the90s. 30 years and waiting.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I remember hearing about all the ways hemp can be used - hemp bricks are apparently great, inexpensive building materials. Paper made from fast-growing hemp is much more efficient than waiting a decade or so for a pine tree to mature so you cut it down and turn it into paper ... the list of uses for it is long.

Maybe the marketing people haven't done a very good job selling it though, maybe we'll need to wait until the reefer madness generation has died and people stop associating it with hippies and stoners. Whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to have taken off as a wonder product.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Random Dude wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:36 pm I remember hearing about all the ways hemp can be used - hemp bricks are apparently great, inexpensive building materials. Paper made from fast-growing hemp is much more efficient than waiting a decade or so for a pine tree to mature so you cut it down and turn it into paper ... the list of uses for it is long.

Maybe the marketing people haven't done a very good job selling it though, maybe we'll need to wait until the reefer madness generation has died and people stop associating it with hippies and stoners. Whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to have taken off as a wonder product.
Exactly, once the brain-washed generation is gone ... some young educated people will jump on this amazing crop and make a ton of money, me thinks. As Asian nations are increasing exposed to online information outside of their "Asian bubbles" they are seeing new ways of thinking and taking on new industries. EVs and tiny homes come to mind. Hemp is just around the corner, I'm an feel it ... it's so good for everything. And grows like a weed ... haha.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:57 pm
Random Dude wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:36 pm I remember hearing about all the ways hemp can be used - hemp bricks are apparently great, inexpensive building materials. Paper made from fast-growing hemp is much more efficient than waiting a decade or so for a pine tree to mature so you cut it down and turn it into paper ... the list of uses for it is long.

Exactly, once the brain-washed generation is gone ... some young educated people will jump on this amazing crop and make a ton of money, me thinks. As Asian nations are increasing exposed to online information outside of their "Asian bubbles" they are seeing new ways of thinking and taking on new industries. EVs and tiny homes come to mind. Hemp is just around the corner, I'm an feel it ... it's so good for everything. And grows like a weed ... haha.
But as I said, I’ve been waiting more than 30years. I was so sure it was going to make someone a ton of money, that people should be investing in it, etc….. still waiting
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

You’re not going to make a ton of money off of it unless it is used as a narcotic.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kenr wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:18 pm You’re not going to make a ton of money off of it unless it is used as a narcotic.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point ...

https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/he ... ket-A16939

Hemp Clothing Market Research, 2031

The global Hemp Clothing Market Size was valued at $2.29 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $23.02 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 27.1% from 2022 to 2031.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:40 pm
Kenr wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:18 pm You’re not going to make a ton of money off of it unless it is used as a narcotic.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point ...

https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/he ... ket-A16939

Hemp Clothing Market Research, 2031

The global Hemp Clothing Market Size was valued at $2.29 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $23.02 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 27.1% from 2022 to 2031.
Your point? Something valued at $2.29 billion globally is nothing.

But going by your posts concerning this issue all your interest in it is for it to be used as a narcotic. I believe there are 24 or so states is the U.S. that have decriminalized its use, so if you have such a need for it you could always start in those places.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Hemp won't save the world, it's not strong enough to kill off large quantities of people. Keeping in mind that the world's biggest problem is human overpopulation. Fentanyl might save the world, properly legalized, advertised and distributed to those who need it most.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic