Sihanouville Travel Destination - Is it worth Visiting ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Sihanouville Travel Destination - Is it worth Visiting ?

Post by Earl of Mercia »

I actually stayed away from Thailand for 10 years as it was stigmatised for a white,solo male to go there!

Even though I’d lived and worked in Bali,Indonesia just before the Bali bombings and completely fallen in love with South-East Asia,Indonesia was my first love and still the only true unspoilt wilderness remaining on the planet earth.

In the end it was two Thai guys who were born and raised in London that convinced me,I was working with them in finance they were called ‘The Bangcockneys’ and they begged me to go over and over so eventually I folded!

Never looked back and the rest,as they say,is history…
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:28 am I actually stayed away from Thailand for 10 years as it was stigmatised for a white,solo male to go there!
Are you really that meek that you care about that?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:28 am I actually stayed away from Thailand for 10 years as it was stigmatised for a white,solo male to go there!

Even though I’d lived and worked in Bali,Indonesia just before the Bali bombings and completely fallen in love with South-East Asia,Indonesia was my first love and still the only true unspoilt wilderness remaining on the planet earth.

In the end it was two Thai guys who were born and raised in London that convinced me,I was working with them in finance they were called ‘The Bangcockneys’ and they begged me to go over and over so eventually I folded!

So where did you end up? Thailand or Sihanoukville?

Cockneys begged you over and over to go to either Thailand or Sihanoukville to work in "finance". Both have employment opportunities in finance however, only Bangkok has a financial district, to speak of.

How much is the finder's fee in that space?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sounds like boiler room stuff.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:53 pm

So where did you end up? Thailand or Sihanoukville?

Cockneys begged you over and over to go to either Thailand or Sihanoukville to work in "finance". Both have employment opportunities in finance however, only Bangkok has a financial district, to speak of.

How much is the finder's fee in that space?
There are financial advisers working all over Thailand,the Philippines,Cambodia,Indonesia,Malaysia,Singapore,Hong Kong etc…

My friends begged me just to visit Thailand,knowing that I’d love it and probably never come home why is that so hard to understand?
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:02 pm Sounds like boiler room stuff.
Yes because selling offshore pensions and/or investment packages for massive multinational corporations like Aviva,Friends Provident,Hansard etc. is boiler room stuff…

If you are an absolute halfwit with zero understanding of the world of finance! :facepalm:
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

I am qualified to cisi level 4 certificate in international advanced wealth management also,just to get your false teeth gnashing even harder!

All boiler room stuff obviously eh?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

None of that is much use when you are stigmatized.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Yes because selling offshore pensions and/or investment packages for massive multinational corporations like Aviva,Friends Provident,Hansard etc. is boiler room stuff…

How did you ever get involved in something like this?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:06 am I am qualified to cisi level 4 certificate in international advanced wealth management also,just to get your false teeth gnashing even harder!

All boiler room stuff obviously eh?
I'm in awe. I mean really, it's like we finally have royalty on this forum. What are you doing here though, among all the sexpat retirees with false teeth, TEFL losers and halfwits? Eh?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic