Am i getting strong armed

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Am i getting strong armed

Post by exfatexpat »

Hello all,

i recently posted about getting over charged for my business visa 1 month prior to arrival in cambodia. now since arriving im not super interested in going with the dirt bag who over charged me.

His prices for extensions are on par with all other agencies give or take. But i don’t want to hive him a penny more than i already have. im in siem reap and not really interested in making the hike to phnom p to do business with him. so i don’t told him this. hes telling me he already made a payment for my visa 6 month extension and he can show me a receipt. Now obviously this is sketchy and sounds like a load of shit. but im new to cambodia and how things run around her when you use a local fixer for business visa extension. How full of poo is this dude? Im assuming hes got a diaper full
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Am i getting strong armed

Post by exfatexpat »

i should also add i havent paid him for the extension yet, if that wasnt clear
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

exfatexpat wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:09 pm Hello all,

i recently posted about getting over charged for my business visa 1 month prior to arrival in cambodia. now since arriving im not super interested in going with the dirt bag who over charged me.

His prices for extensions are on par with all other agencies give or take. But i don’t want to hive him a penny more than i already have. im in siem reap and not really interested in making the hike to phnom p to do business with him. so i don’t told him this. hes telling me he already made a payment for my visa 6 month extension and he can show me a receipt. Now obviously this is sketchy and sounds like a load of shit. but im new to cambodia and how things run around her when you use a local fixer for business visa extension. How full of poo is this dude? Im assuming hes got a diaper full
Totally full of shit
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by exfatexpat »

I figured, just wanted to confirm what may be obvious. Thanks man.

Super frustrating these guys.
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by exfatexpat »

Now im calling his bluff and his story is changing. He says the following:

I paid your visa fee to my employee last week so he does your visa

I paid from my account to my employee brother

- he likes to send audio messages so i cant post all those
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

They can't process the visa without a passport so he is talking shit. Tell him to do one.
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

I think it's fair to say if you think you might be getting scammed, you're getting scammed.
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by exfatexpat »

Agreed. He is now saying he paid his employee to prepare everything. I bet its like one effing document if any. Hes full of shit. Im demanding to see the receipt he offered to show me ehich doesn’t exist. this is actually comical. They like to make you feel stupid for not understanding something that doesn’t even make sense
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Instead of getting all worked up about it you should probably just let it go and start enjoying your time here. The sooner you stop interacting with this guy the better off you will be.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

exfatexpat wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:01 pm Agreed. He is now saying he paid his employee to prepare everything. I bet its like one effing document if any. Hes full of shit. Im demanding to see the receipt he offered to show me ehich doesn’t exist. this is actually comical. They like to make you feel stupid for not understanding something that doesn’t even make sense
Im demanding to see the receipt...

Stop doing this and all forms of communication. Scammers will work on you to try and wear you down. As long as you engage you are still 'on the hook'.

Block his number on WhatsApp, Telegram etc and also on your phone via the settings function.

Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Call Kim for your visa extention.

Enjoy Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic