Get My USD 303 dollars iHerb Package from Custom Office

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Get My USD 303 dollars iHerb Package from Custom Office

Post by Bluenose »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:41 am
godel.chen wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:03 pm Hi, Anyone has experience on ordering iHerb to ship to Cambodia and required to visit custom office in person to know how much duty to be paid?

DHL Cambodia have gone full scam over the past year - totally complicit with customs office- avoid at all costs

The customs will tax your $303 iherb at around 75% PLUS they will also tax whatever you paid on shipping at same rate
Strictly speaking, the value on which duty and tax is assessed is the CIF value, that's the value of the goods plus the transport costs to the point of entry plus the shipping insurance cost. Personal or small-scale imports other than de minimis also have a 20% premium applied to that value.
As mentioned before, DHL here are actually DHL Group owned and operated. FedEx and UPS are represented by local companies.
godel.chen
Tourist
Taiwan

Post by godel.chen »

Bluenose wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:10 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:41 am
godel.chen wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:03 pm Hi, Anyone has experience on ordering iHerb to ship to Cambodia and required to visit custom office in person to know how much duty to be paid?

DHL Cambodia have gone full scam over the past year - totally complicit with customs office- avoid at all costs

The customs will tax your $303 iherb at around 75% PLUS they will also tax whatever you paid on shipping at same rate
Strictly speaking, the value on which duty and tax is assessed is the CIF value, that's the value of the goods plus the transport costs to the point of entry plus the shipping insurance cost. Personal or small-scale imports other than de minimis also have a 20% premium applied to that value.
As mentioned before, DHL here are actually DHL Group owned and operated. FedEx and UPS are represented by local companies.
Yes, the tax levied including shipping cost, that is the tax base is 303+26= USD 329, and i paid more than USD 120 including service fee and tax. Not only so, the overall custom clearance process took more than 5 hours, after spending 3 hours on DHL filling in forms, i had to go back my office 30 Kilometers away, and came back 5 hours later to join the rush hour traffic to get my package before the custom office close. ( 9 USD ride to office and 9 USD back = 18 USD)

It took me one whole day of time and USD 120+18=138 to get my iHerb package.

I got another package by Cambodia post service, the same lame problem.

Office: TAKMAU, REASON : Addressee not available MEASURE : Scheduled for further action/processing on next working day

I tried to call the post office but totally no English message and no one pick up the phone...
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

My brother mailed a golf club via regular mail from Oakland two weeks ago ... if I were a bettin' man (and I am) ... I'd bet it'll never make to my door ... oh, and the declared value is under $50usd ... because it's and oldie but a goodie ... Fire Sole Bubble Burner Titanium from the 1990s ... when I got to demo that club at the Leilehua driving range ... had my drives going nearly 350. Loved that club.
godel.chen
Tourist
Taiwan

Post by godel.chen »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:38 pm My brother mailed a golf club via regular mail from Oakland two weeks ago ... if I were a bettin' man (and I am) ... I'd bet it'll never make to my door ... oh, and the declared value is under $50usd ... because it's and oldie but a goodie ... Fire Sole Bubble Burner Titanium from the 1990s ... when I got to demo that club at the Leilehua driving range ... had my drives going nearly 350. Loved that club.
I have no doubt the club must be a fine one, just wonder if there's a golf field for you to play it...
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:38 pm My brother mailed a golf club via regular mail from Oakland two weeks ago ... if I were a bettin' man (and I am) ... I'd bet it'll never make to my door ... oh, and the declared value is under $50usd ... because it's and oldie but a goodie ... Fire Sole Bubble Burner Titanium from the 1990s ... when I got to demo that club at the Leilehua driving range ... had my drives going nearly 350. Loved that club.
Sporting items are non subject to import tax.
No reason why it wouldn’t arrive if you have addressed it correctly.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

godel.chen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:20 am
I have no doubt the club must be a fine one, just wonder if there's a golf field for you to play it...
Wonder no more. There are plenty - half a dozen good courses in greater Phnom Penh, several more in Siem Reap plus a couple more throughout the country. Expensive though, but courses are generally in very good condition.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

khmerhamster wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:46 am
godel.chen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:20 am
Wonder no more. There are plenty - half a dozen good courses in greater Phnom Penh, several more in Siem Reap plus a couple more throughout the country. Expensive though, but courses are generally in very good condition.
My fav by far is the Par 3 City Golf in Russey Keo. Have a promotion ... $40 bones all you can play on weekdays. $5 per 100 on the range. $20 18 holes (go around twice). Great little course to work on short game. Polite staff, cute caddies (some more experienced than others). Have not played any of the long courses yet. But now that we are going into cooler weather, definitely gonna give it a whirl.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

350 yards? You’re in a pretty elite class then.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kenr wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:13 am
That was many moons ago ... be happy to clear 300 these days.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:26 am
Kenr wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:13 am
That was many moons ago ... be happy to clear 300 these days.
Even 300 yards puts you in an elite class, pro or amateur.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic