sleep

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: sleep

Post by Ghostwriter »

Khmer_Risotto wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:33 pm Read a book
Aaaah good idea !
The Bible comes to mind as a big fat soporific one, although it depends who's the narrator....
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

sigmoid wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:14 pm If I am having trouble getting back to sleep, it's usually because I am thinking about the coming day or worrying about some problem. So, I tell my mind to stop thinking and then put it somewhere "far away" like a field of grass or a meadow, then I use the phrase "doze off" as a command. This normally works well for me.

I've also had success with getting a good night's sleep by drinking chamomile tea before lying down, and a long time ago I used an herb called valerian:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_(herb)
Mr Ito onc said … “KINO KINO … HASTA HASTA … IMA IMA” … Oji-san has wisdom.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

johnny lightning wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:52 pm . Maybe just something that happens as I get older (63)?
Maybe you’re too old , I remember the same problem at 63 , still got it sometimes
I consult the internet for advice . You tube quack doctors have intresting things to try
Everyone is different I blame whatever I do during the day or something I do which keeps me awake
Mainly my prostate and drinking beer or booze 🥃 and not having some papaya
It’s always been my problem and I’m used to it ..
Also they say sleeping next to someone you love .
Now I have my little boy to keep me company .
He is 6 years old and sleeps like a baby , hearing him “sawing logs” all night long keeps me calm
Monkey see monkey do
Also playing different “ sleep “ relaxing music or flutes or pianos or rain and thunder sounds
Preferably not on you tube with that annoying “ skip ad “ BS
But you can download it and skip the ads or use iTunes which costs i pay by the year
And having all my fish tanks with air pumps gurgling 24 hours a day helps
Just my thoughts.

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:32 am

Intresting but ….
Saw this quote from you more than once ,
and I’m 1/2 japanese
I’m not finding any references for this
Could you elaborate ?

:assasin: :hattip:

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:32 am

Intresting but ….
Saw this quote from you more than once ,
and I’m 1/2 japanese
I’m not finding any references for this
Could you elaborate ?

:assasin: :hattip:

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Hai ... Ito San ... my golf student (age 81) in Kanagawa ken, Yokosuka shi, Kinugasa, sano cho, Noburo gunma golf range ... 2016 ... after a typical 0800 golf session where he would drink boss coffee and download traditional Oji San wisdom on my dumb ass for free ... he said that. True story desu.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

ASMR is currently all the rage and there are tons of videos on YouTube, find one that suits you. Apparently it works for some, not so for others: YMMV. It should have calming effects and is used to treat imsomnia. Disclaimer: haven't tried it myself so just posing it as an option (bit too new-agey-yoga-tofu for me but if it works for you who cares about that).

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -all-about
https://www.sleepfoundation.org/noise-and-sleep/asmr
https://www.purewow.com/wellness/best-asmr-videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic