$$$ SELLING CONDO CHEAP QUICK SALE $$$

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: $$$ SELLING CONDO CHEAP QUICK SALE $$$

Post by John Bingham »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:50 am
Bluenose wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:41 am Looks like L Residence Boueng Tumpun, it's not what anyone would class as a luxury development.
Bluenose wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:41 am Looks like L Residence Boueng Tumpun, it's not what anyone would class as a luxury development.

It's a 45k condo on the fringe of the city between a sewer pump station and a red light district for truckers and factory workers . It says "cheap condo" in the thread title

Nobody described it as a "luxury development" , 😂, but thanks for the heads up
Where's this red light district? I live down that direction and haven't noticed much.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:26 am People say the property bubble has burst, but at $65k new and now $45k for a quick sale, that was a pretty lackluster bubble in the first place.

Has anyone made any money from a condo purchase if they bought in the last 5 years? Or was it just the developers and agents?
He did not pay $65k; rather, he indicates that this amount represents the current asking price for similar completed units on the market. If this is a building which has been referred to in this thread, and he acquired the property directly from the developer and did so early on, he's not making a loss.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:12 pm

Where's this red light district? I live down that direction and haven't noticed much.
The full length of 371 has dodgy gaffs every third house

It's where we commonly see media stories from of people going for a rub n tug and having their life savings switched for ghost money
Last edited by Jerry Atrick on Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

What are the maintenance fees?
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Honestly for USD $50,000 how long would you have to live there to break even just over 8 years@USD $500 per month seems like a good deal to me?

Is there something I’m missing I used to live around the corner from Super Duper in that area and it’s a very cool place,away from the usual tourist and expat halfwits on the riverside more around the locals I loved it there?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:54 pm Honestly for USD $50,000 how long would you have to live there to break even just over 8 years@USD $500 per month seems like a good deal to me?

Is there something I’m missing I used to live around the corner from Super Duper in that area and it’s a very cool place,away from the usual tourist and expat halfwits on the riverside more around the locals I loved it there?
Yeah it ain't that bad. Super Duper and the Toul Tom Poung area is just 5 minutes away. Few malls within few minutes ride away as well. 10-15 minutes to BKK1.

Though if you would rent in that area I think it would be more like $350 than $500. Obviously you would need to pay management fee too, which probably is around $30 / month.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:54 pm Honestly for USD $50,000 how long would you have to live there to break even just over 8 years@USD $500 per month seems like a good deal to me?

50k today isn't the same as 100 consecutive months of spending 500$ a month.

Add to that the kind of title (if any) is still unknown and management & utility prices are unknown as well.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:12 pm

Add to that the kind of title (if any) is still unknown and management & utility prices are unknown as well.
But you still own an appreciating asset as I said before it looks like a good deal to me.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:28 pm

But you still own an appreciating asset as I said before it looks like a good deal to me.
How do you know that a condo unit in Phnom Penh - or this particular condo unit in Phnom Penh - is and will continue to be an appreciating asset?

From what I've seen, I have my doubts. I'd rather rent in Phnom Penh and invest elsewhere.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Alex wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:02 pm
Earl of Mercia wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:28 pm

How do you know that a condo unit in Phnom Penh - or this particular condo unit in Phnom Penh - is and will continue to be an appreciating asset?

From what I've seen, I have my doubts. I'd rather rent in Phnom Penh and invest elsewhere.
Because I’m an International Financial Adviser how about you,how do you know it isn’t please qualify your credentials?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic