Advice on a bad situation

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Re: Advice on a bad situation

Post by YaTingPom »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:23 pm which guesthouse? I had a multiple friends stay at Velkommen Guesthouse years back. Forget if owner was swedish or Dutch? But was always welcoming and helpful
The chances of it being the same guesthouse your friends stayed at are pretty remote.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

degsy70 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 am
Alex wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:59 pm If the guesthouse owner takes X somewhere, such as to a private hospital, who is going to pay for that?

What assurances, if any, does the guesthouse owner have that he will get any money back in case he's kind enough to pay first? It isn't really the job of a guesthouse owner to provide medical care for their guests. He might well have videoed X to paint a picture that is graphic enough to get the family to act.

It's not like you can take a person such as X "somewhere" to "get help" without paying for it - immediately and potentially a lot. If X doesn't have health insurance and no access to his funds (in case he's incapacitated), you better make sure to take along plenty of dollars when you come.
Money isn’t an issue it’s trying to find someone willing to locate him and get him to a safe environment
I sent you a private message
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

YaTingPom wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:37 am
BklynBoy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:23 pm which guesthouse? I had a multiple friends stay at Velkommen Guesthouse years back. Forget if owner was swedish or Dutch? But was always welcoming and helpful
The chances of it being the same guesthouse your friends stayed at are pretty remote.
Yes, absolutely.
And the owner is norwegian. Or was the owner some years ago..
He has/had another place in SR, much bigger.

Sorry, that wasn't helpful
This guy won't help you, is what i wanted to transmit
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

His brother absolutely has to get out there asap.

A mate or mines younger brother stacked a bike in Thailand and had severe head trauma, my mate dropped everything and flew out there. Got his brother airlifted to bkk and the medical attention he needed. The head injury fucked him up a bit mentally and on release from hospital he went AWAL. My mate had to go back home at this point but the brother got in touch eventually and is now safely back home.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
degsy70
Tourist

Post by degsy70 »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:32 am
degsy70 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 am
Alex wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:59 pm If the guesthouse owner takes X somewhere, such as to a private hospital, who is going to pay for that?

What assurances, if any, does the guesthouse owner have that he will get any money back in case he's kind enough to pay first? It isn't really the job of a guesthouse owner to provide medical care for their guests. He might well have videoed X to paint a picture that is graphic enough to get the family to act.

It's not like you can take a person such as X "somewhere" to "get help" without paying for it - immediately and potentially a lot. If X doesn't have health insurance and no access to his funds (in case he's incapacitated), you better make sure to take along plenty of dollars when you come.
Money isn’t an issue it’s trying to find someone willing to locate him and get him to a safe environment
If money isn’t an issue then why isn’t your friend/why aren’t you on a plane to save your/his brother right now?

You CANNOT stage an intervention to save someone post stroke and motorcycle accident over the internet,with bank transfers and anyone that believes that you can is an absolute halfwit!

What the HELL is wrong with some people does this guy’s life mean so little to his own family,I honestly pity him but maybe he is better off dead after all going on this evidence? :facepalm:
So compassionate thank you
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Or ... one could just say ... let it be and let the universe sort it out ... I believe everything happens for a reason.

Don't sweat the small stuff ... and it's all small stuff in the end.

Kino kino ... Hasta hasta ... Ima ima
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Dario wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 am
YaTingPom wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:37 am
Yes, absolutely.
And the owner is norwegian. Or was the owner some years ago..
He has/had another place in SR, much bigger.

Sorry, that wasn't helpful
This guy won't help you, is what i wanted to transmit
Was. Herring Choker left for Thailand.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

I'd look for a western private investigator/fixer. It sounds like a day's work if he can be located easily and a few days if not. You'd need their services anyway if you arrived and you couldn't find X. I can't point you in that direction, but I'm sure with some digging you could find someone. They could get X to the hospital, get them admitted, sort out the funding line from the UK and then you'd be about where you want to be. That's what I would do if I genuinely couldn't get there.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:38 pm I'd look for a western private investigator/fixer. It sounds like a day's work if he can be located easily and a few days if not. You'd need their services anyway if you arrived and you couldn't find X. I can't point you in that direction, but I'm sure with some digging you could find someone. They could get X to the hospital, get them admitted, sort out the funding line from the UK and then you'd be about where you want to be. That's what I would do if I genuinely couldn't get there.
Short of coming to Cambodia yourself, this is another option that might work. Not sure what they could do exactly, but they could at least check out the situation and give you the best advice on how to get him sorted. Try Lead Investigations here: https://leadinvestigationskh.com/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

On behalf of everyone who supported with suggestions. You're very fuc***g welcome!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic