Vietnam Airlines Flight 815

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Vietnam Airlines Flight 815

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:57 am
johnny lightning wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 pm Turns out that some guy living near the crash site went scrounging and found one of the black boxes. I think they gave him a hundred bucks or something to turn it over!
Yeah, I know we're dealing with dirt poor people but does everything have to be exploited for a fucking buck? Just turn over the fucking black boxes.

#WhatWouldBuddhaDo?

"Cambodia's government offered a reward for the return of the missing flight recorders. The three flight recorders, the CVR, the flight data recorder (FDR), and the quick access recorder (QAR), were all obtained from the villagers for US$10, $200, and $1500, respectively."
So, $10 before they knew how valuable they were, $200 after the found out and $1500 when they found out they could name their price.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:35 am I expect that @Felgerkarb would likely know something about this.

Or, perhaps @Ot Mean Loi
I don't have anything to add about this one.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Nor does Ot Mean Loi have anything to add.

OML
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic