Electric mini cars

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Electric mini cars

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

I saw a little mini car/trike parked outside of a popular Japanese restaurant couple days ago. On Youtube, I saw some vids about these Chinese-built electric cars. Kinda wanna buy one. Price ($1300 usd) and quality seems about right. Anybody know if these are being sold in Cambodia, or would a buyer have to deal with a China-based dealership and import it? It would save be a bundle on TukTuk fares and would pay for itself in 2 years, I am thinking.

I think the brand I saw may have been WuHang, or something close to that.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Electric mini cars

Post by Bluenose »

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I would wait awhile ( about a year at least ) until people start complaining one thing and / or another
I imagine problems with battery , charging , hidden costs etc etc
Mostly because it’s not a SAAB .. I love SAABs.

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Sent from where ever when ever
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:00 am I saw a little mini car/trike parked outside of a popular Japanese restaurant couple days ago. On Youtube, I saw some vids about these Chinese-built electric cars. Kinda wanna buy one. Price ($1300 usd) and quality seems about right. Anybody know if these are being sold in Cambodia, or would a buyer have to deal with a China-based dealership and import it? It would save be a bundle on TukTuk fares and would pay for itself in 2 years, I am thinking.

I think the brand I saw may have been WuHang, or something close to that.
Last thing PP needs is more under-powered mini cars or tuk tuks clogging up the roads, doing 30kmh and slowing down the traffic. Drives me nuts. Particularly the tuk tuks. They want to hog a whole lane like they are a car and only do 30kmh, yet when it suits, want to cut in down the inside and behave like a motorbike when it suits. Then they get in front of you at traffic lights, take off at a snails pace and continue to screw up the traffic. I wish they would just vanish overnight. Driving here was OK before these death trap Indian tuk tuk's turned up. Utter vermin.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I wouldn't mind if the cars do vanish. It would be way more convinient to drive with a 2 or 3 wheelers, if those oversized monsters, that either block the traffic or bringing everyone in danger by speeding like they are on the run or just driving rectlessly. Small electric vehicles would be the best thing that can happen to the traffic in Phnom Penh, which is already on the edge. Additionally it would get them (and everyone else) way more fast to wherever they want to go. But no, better take your Tundra or Raptor :facepalm:
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

ressl wrote:I wouldn't mind if the cars do vanish. It would be way more convinient to drive with a 2 or 3 wheelers, if those oversized monsters, that either block the traffic or bringing everyone in danger by speeding like they are on the run or just driving rectlessly. Small electric vehicles would be the best thing that can happen to the traffic in Phnom Penh, which is already on the edge. Additionally it would get them (and everyone else) way more fast to wherever they want to go. But no, better take your Tundra or Raptor :facepalm:
And how would the okhnas get taken seriously on the road if not driving a monster truck or SUV?

I suppose they could have 3-4 bodyguards hanging off the side of their electric 2 or 3 wheelers to take up some more space.

If it sounds like a tongue in cheek answer, because it is.
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

ressl wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:43 pm I wouldn't mind if the cars do vanish. It would be way more convinient to drive with a 2 or 3 wheelers, if those oversized monsters, that either block the traffic or bringing everyone in danger by speeding like they are on the run or just driving rectlessly. Small electric vehicles would be the best thing that can happen to the traffic in Phnom Penh, which is already on the edge. Additionally it would get them (and everyone else) way more fast to wherever they want to go. But no, better take your Tundra or Raptor :facepalm:
If vehicles can just stop blocking (non traffic light) intersections as well, that would be great..
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

I just want a little putter to get back & forth from TK to the golf course ... tired of playing TukTuk roulette.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I would like to see every kid between the age of 10 and 15 be given a big car. I cannot wait for the day where every street in the city is grid-locked with cars unable to move because of the car in front of them is blocked by a car unable to move because of,,,,,

It will only be then, that those in control of the city will realise that cars are causing a problem.

And get those F£$%"N cars off the footpaths, they are there for walking on.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

I hope the leaders will consider something akin to Bangkok's "Sky Train" ... I think it would elevate PP ... pun intended.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic