Electric mini cars

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: Electric mini cars

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Alex wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:11 am Out of curiosity, about how much is such a mini truck?
Guy in video said. $2000 on Alibaba.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Freightdog wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:15 am This is entertaining.

Anything electric can ... I believe these mini EVs are low risk ... Tesla, VinFast, and the others ... not so much.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Fridaywithmateo wrote:
Freightdog wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:15 am This is entertaining.

Anything electric can ... I believe these mini EVs are low risk ... Tesla, VinFast, and the others ... not so much.
Do why can’t owners change tires by themselves on a Tesla?

Is it just Tesla or all electric vehicles can’t be jacked up and tires changed?
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Can't imagine. Every vehicle has designated jack points. Maybe they just use a hardcore vehicle locking tpms
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 pm Do why can’t owners change tires by themselves on a Tesla?

Do you want o expand on that, as you’re making less sense than you might imagine?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Freightdog wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 pm Do why can’t owners change tires by themselves on a Tesla?

Do you want o expand on that, as you’re making less sense than you might imagine?
Came directly from a Tesla owner. This was the third time his Tesla has a flat tire. He couldn’t put in on jacks and change the tire himself. Had to call for a specific tow shop and bring it to an authorized Tesla repair shop and only they could change the tire. Something about batteries and frame not allowing tire changes and regular tows.

I was wondering if this applied to all electric vehicles or only to Teslas?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:34 am
Freightdog wrote:

Came directly from a Tesla owner. This was the third time his Tesla has a flat tire. He couldn’t put in on jacks and change the tire himself. Had to call for a specific tow shop and bring it to an authorized Tesla repair shop and only they could change the tire. Something about batteries and frame not allowing tire changes and regular tows.

I was wondering if this applied to all electric vehicles or only to Teslas?
Would this associate know how to do it on any car? These days, most people have barely a clue, and that includes people who should know better as it’s their job.
Gash comes to mind.
A quick google dispels some of your general implication that they can’t do it themselves, and identifies that people just don’t take care to know how to do it properly.

Dragging the topic kicking and screaming back towards the subject of cheap EVs, and the risks of cheap as chips cars with battery tech that is generally very much more expensive than the $2000 and $1000 models shown earlier, the overriding concern for anyone contemplating buying such a car should be

Does it sound too good?
Is it reasonable to expect adequate quality at such a low price?
Is the risk of battery fuelled fires truly understood?

And if those questions aren’t worth considering, just ask yourself if you’d be happy putting your family in one.

China can, and has demonstrated so, produce top quality and advanced technology. But anyone who has been acquainted with any Chinese industry will also be aware that many are prone to gross negligence, criminal short cuts, and an arrogance mixed with couldn’t care less attitudes. Not a great partnership with technology that needs to be respected.
And recent years has produced many an example of why batteries like those in EVs need to be respected.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Great points to consider for sure, in my case, just need a mini EV to putt around town and to golf practice. In my view, not much different than an electric golf cart. But if I can get this EV truck into Cambodia, I think that is exactly what I am looking for. Cause I plan to use it similarly as the guy on the video ... light farm work too.

I noticed the post image icon is gone ... Lower left
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:05 am Great points to consider for sure, in my case, just need a mini EV to putt around town and to golf practice. In my view, not much different than an electric golf cart. But if I can get this EV truck into Cambodia, I think that is exactly what I am looking for. Cause I plan to use it similarly as the guy on the video ... light farm work too.

I noticed the post image icon is gone ... Lower left

Upon further investigation, the ChangLi EVs use Lead/acid batteries, and are not $2000 ... import fees and shipping jacks the price up to about $6k usd. MSRP is $2k, but there are fees that vary for every country. I wonder if I could get one into Cambodia out the door for under $4k? Any higher and it's pass. The truck is model CLZKC-009.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic