1 Year Multiple Entry Visa Cost?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

1 Year Multiple Entry Visa Cost?

Post by exfatexpat »

I'm in Thailand now, been here for almost a year, leaving for Cambodia next week. Here are the prices one agency quoted me.
Total fee is in 2023 entry, are these reasonable? Am i missing anything? This is an agency out of the capital.

$200. E VISA
+
$250
EB multiple entry Visa 6 months

Or

Total fee in 2023
$200. E VISA
+
$ 220 work permit
+
$340 EB 1 year multiple entry visa
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 1 Year Multiple Entry Visa Cost?

Post by John Bingham »

There is no one year visa.There is only a 30 day one. You will have to get an extension of stay like everyone else.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I would strongly suggest using the search function, and especially looking up responses on the subject from members like PSD-Kiwi, as this is a recurring question, and PSD-kiwi has provided many a clear and concise answer.

As a start-
ask-the-expats-questions-answers/type-o ... 53958.html
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

The price for the initial 30-day E-type visa sounds pretty steep ($200). So I'm wondering what's the nationality of the OP, as many could get this either on arrival at the airport ($35) or online ($42) without fuss.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

(I've only posted this a few dozen times, but here we go once again....)

Here is a basic summary for general Foreigners wishing to stay long term, work, retire, study, etc...

1. You must enter the country on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa. $35 on arrival, valid for 1 month. (Note: this Visa is often incorrectly referred to as the Business Visa). There are no supporting documentation requirements for the majority of Nationalities, no passport picture is required. Ensure that you have the Visa fee in crisp, new, clean USD bills, preferably exact change.

Update: With effect 12th Jan 2023, the E-type (Ordinary) Visa can also be applied for online in advance by all Nationalities on the official www.evisa.gov.kh website. Note that certain Nationalities have different supporting documentation requirements.

2. Prior to your Visa expiry date, go to a Visa agency and apply for an Extension of Stay (EOS). There are different EOS categories available, the main ones are;

- EB (Business/Employment) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ER (Retirement) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ES (Student) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- EG (General) - 1,3 month options - 1 time deal, cannot be renewed in-country
- EP (Proposal - seeking employment/business opportunities) 1,3 month options - 1 time deal, can convert to EB EOS with the necessary supporting documentation.

Only 6 & 12 month options valid for multi-entry/exit.

Each EOS category has it's own supporting documentation requirements, but minimum requirements for all are;

- Valid passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining from the date the EOS will expire ie. If applying for 12 mth EOS, you need at least 18 months validity remaining on your passport
- Minimum 2x blank Visa pages in passport
- 1x Passport pic
- Completed EOS application form (most agents will complete on your behalf)
- FPCS details screenshot

Costs if applying via a Visa agency (price depends on agency and location);
- 1 mth EOS = $45 - 55
- 3 mth EOS = $70 - 90
- 6 mth EOS = $150 - 170
- 12 mth EOS = $270 - 300

*Note: if you don't have the necessary supporting documentation for the EOS category applying for, you will pay extra

There is no standard processing time for EOS applications, average is 7-10 business days, but you should allow up to 14 business days, anything less is a bonus. If you need it quickly, you can pay an additional $70 - 100 for express processing (next day) when applying via a Visa Agency.

*You also can apply for your EOS directly at the Department of Immigration (DoI) Visa Office in Pochentong, Phnom Penh, but only if you have all of the necessary supporting documentation, which they are very strict about. Official fee for a 12 month EOS applying directly is $180.
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by exfatexpat »

American, i thought it sounded pretty steep too. But at least its taken care of, he got it for me in just 12 hours already approved
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

What do you think you’ve paid for, how much have you paid, and what have you actually received?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

exfatexpat wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:28 pm American, i thought it sounded pretty steep too. But at least its taken care of, he got it for me in just 12 hours already approved
theres one born every minute
good luck in Cambodia
ur going to need it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
exfatexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by exfatexpat »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:42 pm What do you think you’ve paid for, how much have you paid, and what have you actually received?
paid $200 to an agency in PP called "Cambodia Visa Consultation" yesterday before entering the country, this morning he sent me my 1-month ordinary visa (I'm aware you can do it online for 42 but didn't want to screw anything up). He also did mention I could get it on arrival and not have to pay him, but I didn't want the possibility of arriving and getting turned down or put on a T visa. so far that's all I've paid, I enter from land border in thailand on Monday. Deff seems steep but his other prices seemed on par with the other fees I've seen quoted here.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

OP, not attempting to sound like an asshole, but you probably should have asked those questions on here before you pulled the trigger and shelled out $160+ more than you needed too.

Asking after the fact does you no good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic