Industrial Hemp

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Industrial Hemp

Post by ItWasntMe »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:31 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:02 am Preaching in ur own church....

You're in a country where pharmacies will provide a full range of antibiotics by default for a common cold. Where most local doctors know less about healthcare than you and their first reply to any disease is to connect you to 0.5 Liter IV fluid which you can use while sitting on the back of a motorcycle.

Don't waste your time on this one. If you want to use the stuff, for whatever reason, provide yourself with whatever you think you need, but keep your head down and don't be too vocal. Announcing you want to grow the (illegal) stuff, out in the open, isn't going to help you in any way. Might even harm you. :hattip:
Let me be clear ... I would not break the law living here as a guest in a magical kingdom ... in my mind, it is a great privilege to live here ... but I am hopeful for the future ... that as more research is published ... Next generation leaders in Cambodia, Vietnam, Japan etc ... they would reconsider their stance and approve it for medical ... this plant has been used for thousands of generations throughout the world ... it was only in the 1900s when USA lobby successfully convinced the world it is an evil drug. Well, I hope that clears it up a bit more.
I do appreciate your passion but there has only been a few hundred generations since humans started making a dot on the map.

Either way, to answer previous questions, the reason why hemp is not easily separated from psychoactive cannabis is that margins are small and analysis costly.

In a country not friendly towards cultivation of cannabis how will you prove that your 3000 hemp plants are all within legal limits? If they find that one of your plants exceeds there goes your crop.

Who's going to insure this? Or provide loans?

It's by design very difficult and costly. Lately we are seeing advancements in hemp cultivation even in tricky countries, much thanks to advancements in technology. But for that to happen in Cambodia I think they need to decriminalize, there simply is no resources otherwise to tell the difference. Sure you can see and smell but I'm talking official lab results to tell what's what.

Am I making any sense? Too much hemp tonight.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:00 pm

You're in a country where pharmacies will provide a full range of antibiotics by default for a common cold. Where most local doctors know less about healthcare than you and their first reply to any disease is to connect you to 0.5 Liter IV fluid which you can use while sitting on the back of a motorcycle.

Don't waste your time on this one. If you want to use the stuff, for whatever reason, provide yourself with whatever you think you need, but keep your head down and don't be too vocal. Announcing you want to grow the (illegal) stuff, out in the open, isn't going to help you in any way. Might even harm you. :hattip:
Let me be clear ... I would not break the law living here as a guest in a magical kingdom ... in my mind, it is a great privilege to live here ... but I am hopeful for the future ... that as more research is published ... Next generation leaders in Cambodia, Vietnam, Japan etc ... they would reconsider their stance and approve it for medical ... this plant has been used for thousands of generations throughout the world ... it was only in the 1900s when USA lobby successfully convinced the world it is an evil drug. Well, I hope that clears it up a bit more.
I do appreciate your passion but there has only been a few hundred generations since humans started making a dot on the map.

Either way, to answer previous questions, the reason why hemp is not easily separated from psychoactive cannabis is that margins are small and analysis costly.

In a country not friendly towards cultivation of cannabis how will you prove that your 3000 hemp plants are all within legal limits? If they find that one of your plants exceeds there goes your crop.

It's by design very difficult and costly. Lately we are seeing advancements in hemp cultivation even in tricky countries, much thanks to advancements in technology. But for that to happen in Cambodia I think they need to decriminalize, there simply is no resources otherwise to tell the difference. Sure you can see and smell but I'm talking official lab results to tell what's what.

Yeah … appreciate that … I just want to grow naturally and not risk prison or other forms of stuff … bad idea?
daiquiri
Expatriate
Germany

Post by daiquiri »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:25 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:00 pm

Yeah … appreciate that … I just want to grow naturally and not risk prison or other forms of stuff … bad idea?
Well, if you have to ask ... :smileinbox:
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Welp ... just have more reason to visit Thailand
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:25 pm Yeah … appreciate that … I just want to grow naturally and not risk prison or other forms of stuff … bad idea?
You wouldn't be the only one doing it that's for sure. Cambodia is loaded with retired stoners growing their own bud. But there is always risk involved, especially working with any kind of quantity.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:24 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:25 pm Yeah … appreciate that … I just want to grow naturally and not risk prison or other forms of stuff … bad idea?
You wouldn't be the only one doing it that's for sure. Cambodia is loaded with retired stoners growing their own bud. But there is always risk involved, especially working with any kind of quantity.
Just dreaming ...
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:57 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:26 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:47 pm Hemp though is what I am looking for. I like to use it in cooking and making my own CBD tea, smoothies, etc. It's great for sleep and ortho injuries, of which I have a resume of injuries that would impress Evel Kinevel!
While it's illegal to grow hemp it's products are available if you look in the right places. Kampot comes to mind.

Or you could grow a few yourself. One or two at the time without anyone knowing, out of sight, without upsetting someone, without spreading the word (including at this place) and you will most probably be fine. Just don't start selling the stuff, or do anything else which might put you on the radar of the authorities, keep low. (Lush) Garden required though.
Prolly right … but I am interested more in changing the status quo and old ways of thinking about cannabis … it was the good ole USA news mogul from California William Randolph Hearst who funded the Reefer Madness campaign and the demonization of one of nature’s finest gifts to medicine … and his propaganda spread worldwide … my mom used it in her final days and died smiling … in contrast, her mom died in agony due to Texas laws back then prohibiting its use … even as medicine. There are such strong and compelling reasons to decriminalize cannabis as medicine. I pray the next generation in countries which outlaw cannabis will change and allow people suffering to use it as god intended.
Wow! Is that pure arrogance or what?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kenr wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:33 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:47 pm Hemp though is what I am looking for. I like to use it in cooking and making my own CBD tea, smoothies, etc. It's great for sleep and ortho injuries, of which I have a resume of injuries that would impress Evel Kinevel!
While it's illegal to grow hemp it's products are available if you look in the right places. Kampot comes to mind.

Or you could grow a few yourself. One or two at the time without anyone knowing, out of sight, without upsetting someone, without spreading the word (including at this place) and you will most probably be fine. Just don't start selling the stuff, or do anything else which might put you on the radar of the authorities, keep low. (Lush) Garden required though.
Prolly right … but I am interested more in changing the status quo and old ways of thinking about cannabis … it was the good ole USA news mogul from California William Randolph Hearst who funded the Reefer Madness campaign and the demonization of one of nature’s finest gifts to medicine … and his propaganda spread worldwide … my mom used it in her final days and died smiling … in contrast, her mom died in agony due to Texas laws back then prohibiting its use … even as medicine. There are such strong and compelling reasons to decriminalize cannabis as medicine. I pray the next generation in countries which outlaw cannabis will change and allow people suffering to use it as god intended.
Yeah … I’m so sick & tired of old people suffering with expensive pharmaceutical drugs that make them more sick … what an A-hole I am …
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:20 pm

Yeah … I’m so sick & tired of old people suffering with expensive pharmaceutical drugs that make them more sick … what an A-hole I am …
We can agree on your last sentence, if that’s what it was.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kenr wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:29 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:20 pm

We can agree on your last sentence, if that’s what it was.
AKA ... "Sarcasm"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic