What you wanna do when you"ll be 80?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: What you wanna do when you"ll be 80?

Post by BklynBoy »

this has crossed my mind at times-- thinking will live in Cambodia after retiring etc. Healthcare always comes up. I know there have been threads about doctors/hospitals etc.

curious- If an emergency are there reputable ambulances to call. You have to call an ambulance that is associated with a specific hospital? or take a tuk tuk to the hospital of choice?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:46 am Live expecatation in cambodia is 70 at the moment and being expat and drinking and whoring around for years, i dont know the cambodian-expat-live-expectation is higher then 70 at the moment. Make sure all your money is finished at your 70s and if you come from a country with a "normal" social security, they wont let you die if you go back broke to your country somewhere under a bridge (that only happens in probably 1 rich country in the world !! ?? -)
Well I'm way past my expiry date then. My brother died about a month ago , he said, I just want to make it to my 90 th birthday, and he did. One month later and he was gone. He always said one advantage of being old is you always have a good reason to blame the mistakes you make on being old.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:23 pm this has crossed my mind at times-- thinking will live in Cambodia after retiring etc. Healthcare always comes up. I know there have been threads about doctors/hospitals etc.

curious- If an emergency are there reputable ambulances to call. You have to call an ambulance that is associated with a specific hospital? or take a tuk tuk to the hospital of choice?
One of the problems with the ambulances is that vehicles don't necessarily move aside to let emergency services through the traffic. So you'd probably die in the ambulance at a traffic jam at a green traffic light.

Maybe better to live adjacent to a hospital.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:23 pm this has crossed my mind at times-- thinking will live in Cambodia after retiring etc. Healthcare always comes up. I know there have been threads about doctors/hospitals etc.

I thought about that when 2 years ago a girl who is less than half my age and is a registered nurse at a hospital wanted to come and live with me. Oh, did I mention she's a Pediatric Nurse at a Pediatric hospital and is used to wiping dirty bums and changing nappies of babies so I think I will be in good hands.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Alex wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:01 pm I hope I won't be around when I'd be 80. Being that old sucks, better to live life to the fullest before and die some time in your 70s with your mind and body still in a reasonably good working condition till near the end.
Mick Jagger would disagree.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Chuck Borris wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:03 pm
Alex wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:01 pm I hope I won't be around when I'd be 80. Being that old sucks, better to live life to the fullest before and die some time in your 70s with your mind and body still in a reasonably good working condition till near the end.
Yeah but he's immortal.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Alex wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:37 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:03 pm
Yeah but he's immortal.
Jagger's wondering what kind of world his kids are gonna leave to Keef.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Everyone I can ... and the good ones twice!
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I’ve come here with a year to live ( cancer but I’ve had radiation ☢️ )
. That was over 10 years ago ( 11/11/11 - a day that will live in infamy ) ,
since then i had 2 kids here , by accident.
one was “ adopted “ ( stolen - when her mother died of HiV) and the
other is 6 years of age living alone with me and with no mother . .
I have healt problems that I can’t even address here and always feel like i am dying .
I always worried about leaving this poor kid high and dry
but I watch youtube for help what I can do to help myself ..
i worry about getting the kid raised long enough to be able to help himself .
The hope now is to do that long enough so that he can help me ..

pS _ - sometimes i sit and think - sometimes i just sit .

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic