Look up in the air, it's a bird, it's a plane... Well, it's also Freightdog a new CEO Moderator!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Look up in the air, it's a bird, it's a plane... Well, it's also Freightdog a new CEO Moderator!

Post by canucklhead »

Nice one!😎
They still sell Ankor beer here?
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Look up in the air, it's a bird, it's a plane... Well, it's also Freightdog a new CEO Moderator!

Post by kgbagent »

Congrats
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Freightdog is a good choice to carry the load and will no doubt navigate that space competently as well.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:50 pm Freightdog is a good choice to carry the load and will no doubt navigate that space competently as well.
I beg to differ
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

:hattip:
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:58 am It's been a few years since we've added new blood to our Moderation Team, and today I announce that Freightdog has enlisted!

Freightdog has been a valued member of our community for over 5 years and has contributed a whopping 3,873 posts here. I might add that his 'Karma' ratio is unbelievably high as well, meaning that of the 3,873 posts, other members have taken the time 3,036 times to give him Karma. That's pretty damn impressive and might be more karma than most monks rack up during the Water Festival.

All of us on the Mod Team think he'd be a great fit and appreciate him stepping up to help keep CEO headed in the right direction, like a seasoned tuk-tuk driver.

I'd personally like to show him extra gratitude for his contributions over the years and am glad he's joined the Mod Team as well, as he'll undoubtedly continue to be a valuable asset.

And thank everyone else for helping keep CEO lively and interesting with all your contributions over the previous months and years, as this is a discussion forum, and without a great community, it would cease to exist, as you all are the lifeblood of this whole thing. We also have heroes behind the scenes bringing everyone news stories from Cambodia and the region, and also members who help us by using the 'report' feature so that we can stomp out fires before they become infernos, so a special thanks to them as well.

So raise an Angkor beer for Freightdog! :beer1:
It should have been a female!
Joking.
Freightdog is a balanced individual.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Who do you support Freightdog...... :beer3: . Congratulations.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:10 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:50 pm Freightdog is a good choice to carry the load and will no doubt navigate that space competently as well.
I beg to differ
By all means, differ.

My take on the forum since I joined 5+ years ago, is that it’s an open venue where people of like minds won’t always agree on a subject, and those with very different viewpoints may sometimes agree.
It’s not really about what you want to say, but the manner in which it’s said (and assuming no hint of illegality, or bringing the rest of the membership under any form of unwanted scrutiny, for instance)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Freightdog wrote:
pissontheroof wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:10 pm
I beg to differ
By all means, differ.

My take on the forum since I joined 5+ years ago, is that it’s an open venue where people of like minds won’t always agree on a subject, and those with very different viewpoints may sometimes agree.
It’s not really about what you want to say, but the manner in which it’s said (and assuming no hint of illegality, or bringing the rest of the membership under any form of unwanted scrutiny, for instance)
Hopefully this approach will convert lots of lurkers into posters and contribute to growth and diversity.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:08 pm Hopefully this approach will convert lots of lurkers into posters and contribute to growth and diversity.
Yes, hopefully this will beckon in a new era of free speech and inclusiveness, just like when Elon Musk took over Twitter. :ROFL:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic