1st visit Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 1st visit Cambodia

Post by cabron »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:08 am
Soriya wrote:Sun moon hotel on 136 is better than lux.
I would second this. Sun and Moon was always one of the top choices when I stayed in Phnom Penh. Always good service, rooftop bar and pool, good breakfast buffet. Room price and deposit kept out the backpackers and druggies. Always saw dressed (business suits and evening gowns) Khmer and foreigner guests.

Street 136 to Riverside is full of foreigner girlie bars and restaurants. Gay bar is right next door.

It’s not a five star like the Rosewood Hotel. Only the blind foreigner has stayed at the Rosewood that I know of.

Good luck!
Give me a break, Five star hotel in St.136. If your wallet can support a 5 star go to La Royal Rafles very classy,refined and well located away from the jungle music.
Boredom is like a shroud
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Soriya wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:56 am Sun moon hotel on 136 is better than lux.
if you like trying to sleep, Sun and Moon with those shitty curtains letting the light stream in isn't a good option.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

As the OP has asked for a 5-star hotel, the Hyatt Regency Phnom Penh would be an obvious option in the Riverside area. Great location.
RightSaidFred
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by RightSaidFred »

Stay at Nagaworld 2. Excellent location and rates, really good breakfast, central location. Rate on some websites around $65 per night.
Timms1988
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by Timms1988 »

I would second this. Sun and Moon was always one of the top choices when I stayed in Phnom Penh. Always good service, rooftop bar and pool, good breakfast buffet. Room price and deposit kept out the backpackers and druggies. Always saw dressed (business suits and evening gowns) Khmer and foreigner guests.

Street 136 to Riverside is full of foreigner girlie bars and restaurants. Gay bar is right next door.

It’s not a five star like the Rosewood Hotel. Only the blind foreigner has stayed at the Rosewood that I know of.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, so you would reccoment Sun Moon Hotel, right? And it's also guest free?
Timms1988
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by Timms1988 »

Alex wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:33 pm As the OP has asked for a 5-star hotel, the Hyatt Regency Phnom Penh would be an obvious option in the Riverside area. Great location.
Thanks for your reply, is it also guest free?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Timms1988 wrote:

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, so you would reccoment Sun Moon Hotel, right? And it's also guest free?
It is guest friendly.

https://guestfriendlyhotels.asia/guest ... hnom-penh/

Not sure about free. After all an extra person is staying there and potentially eating their breakfast Buffett.

Good luck.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

ego bibere nimis wrote:
Soriya wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:56 am Sun moon hotel on 136 is better than lux.
if you like trying to sleep, Sun and Moon with those shitty curtains letting the light stream in isn't a good option.
Never had a problem when it came to sleeping there. Went to bed as soon as I arrived. I was always completely exhausted by sleeping time.

But then I sleep at night and wake up around dawn (on vacation).

Maybe topic should changed to best hotels to nurse a hangover?
Timms1988
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by Timms1988 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:45 pm
ego bibere nimis wrote:
Never had a problem when it came to sleeping there. Went to bed as soon as I arrived. I was always completely exhausted by sleeping time.

But then I sleep at night and wake up around dawn (on vacation).

Maybe topic should changed to best hotels to nurse a hangover?
What do you pay in general for the girls?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Timms1988 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:31 pm Hey guys,

I'm new here, my name is Timothy, I live in Thailand and planning now my frist trip to Cambodia (Phnom Penh).
Nice meeting you all.
I've already done some homework but many sites and forums have old information therefore i'm not quite sure how valid all this data is as of 2023.
So the questions I have are:

* Which area to stay?
I prefer to stay in an area which is central to girly bar night life, I know there are more areas but I would like to have you guys oppinion about this.

* Hotel reccomendation:
Within the prefered area, which hotel do you suggest which is guest friendly?
Preferable 5 stars and else 4 stars.

* Where can I get dollars? From every ATM around the area?

Would highly appreciate your feedback :).
Best regards,
Timothy.
in what pricerange you are looking for a hotel and how long you stay ??
Every ATM gives dollars, even at the airport !!
sim-cards also at airport, maybe bit more expensive but if you are looking for 4 or 5 star hotels, who cares? Sun moon is on 136 street in the middle of action, Naga world is better but 10 min tuktuk from the action. If you buy evisa online before arrival, you only need dollars for taxi airport-hotel, shouldbe around 10 dollars.
If you want more pm me and i speak also dutch if you azre also hollander !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic