Who do you support?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Who do you support?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:29 pm

Palestine
19%
Israel
13%
Neither
63%
I dont know or care
6%

Total votes: 16
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Who do you support?

Post by phuketrichard »

also who do you think bombed the hospital
Islamic jihadist group or
Israel??

I support the Palestinians.
i think Israel did it
Last edited by phuketrichard on Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Who do you support?

Post by John Bingham »

Not enough options.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I don't support either side, I'm kind of rooting for both sides at the same time.

You can't see the footage of the attack on Israel without feeling bad for them and I can see how Israel needed to retaliate, but at the same time watching civilians get obliterated in Gaza is sickening too and, it could be argued, excessive. But it's easy to say that from the comfort of my sofa, if I was Israeli I'd probably want everyone in Gaza dead.

The people in Gaza have had years of provocation, they finally seem to have lashed out, or at least their leaders have - sucks for the civilians though. I can't really blame them for that either, although it's hard to agree with how they went about it. If I was Palestinian I'd probably want Israel wiped off the map too.

Hamas needs to be wiped out but is it worth the cost in innocent lives? I think all that will happen is the traumatised kids that survive this will be looking to eventually join whatever replaces Hamas.

Both sides are fighting for the place they call home - can't blame anyone for that, but it's a hopeless situation with no real solution IMO, except maybe if one side or the other gets completely wiped out.

TLDR: Dunno. It's a very complicated shitshow.

The hospital... dunno. A misfiring rocket just happening to land on the hospital seems a little too convenient to me, but who knows. And at this point it's probably irrelevant, as far as the Arab world is concerned Israel did it, and they'll suffer whatever repercussions come from it.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

What a dumb poll.

Who cares who I support, or you support, or anybody else supports.
If we were all to take sides, then we end up with another sh*t fight of a thread that's only going to sow dissent.

Is Biden really going there? I hope they blow him up while they're at it.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

And then someone will come along and ask why we need yet another thread on the Israel Palestinian conflict?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:04 pm What a dumb poll.

Who cares who I support, or you support, or anybody else supports.
If we were all to take sides, then we end up with another sh*t fight of a thread that's only going to sow dissent.

Is Biden really going there? I hope they blow him up while they're at it.
dumb is as dumb does
Yet ; the-rest-the-world/you-support-ukraine- ... it=ukraine

is ok?

EVERYONE takes sides, in everything

he has landed

"Welcome, Mr. President. God bless you for protecting the nation of Israel," Herzog's office quoted him as telling Biden.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:29 pm

How, by opening this thread?

We're all pretty useless keyboard warriors, aren't we? Playing the blame game from the convenience of our own safe space while mad men out there are slaughtering each other in the most cruel ways.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:04 pm What a dumb poll.
Indeed.

Option. Both.
Option. People of both, gubbinsment of neither.
Option. Don’t know, and not really sufficiently well informed enough to claim any position.
Option. Palestinians, Israelis, not Hamas.

It’s rather like those surveys for just about anything- they seem only interested in answers that may validate their own opinions and bias, rather than actually getting a better insight into something they may have misunderstood.

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:29 pm
i think Israel did it
That’s been quite apparent for a little while, now. But consider this- your own view might be quite arbitrary or ill informed, and is not that dissimilar to sentiments expressed (in Europe, and the US) for a little over a hundred years, now. Which is a part of history which culminated in the setting up of the state of Israel in lands currently contested.
Your own rhetoric and thinking is part of the continued cycle that keeps the animosity going.

How would you address that?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:21 pm dumb is as dumb does
Yet ; the-rest-the-world/you-support-ukraine- ... it=ukraine
That poll was started long before Russia's special military operation started.Not straight after some emotive event when everyone is throwing blame around. :please:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:05 pm And then someone will come along and ask why we need yet another thread on the Israel Palestinian conflict?
Here I am ! :dm:
First off, from the title,I thought that this topic was about Premier League football shirts and shit, because the question, "Who do you support"? obviously refers to sports or games. But war is not a sport. War might be a necessary evil, but it is not (or should not be) a type of popular entertainment for the masses to watch, support, and take bets on.

:wave: So yeah UT, getting back on topic, I think it's a great idea to ask why we need yet another thread on foot ball shirts.
Spoiler:
Seem to me that @Spigzy is doing a great job here with his collection of Cambodian crims in football gear.

general-chatter/crime-football-shirt-t53017.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic