Breakfast in Daun Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Breakfast in Daun Penh?

Post by orichá »

Stupid question....

I have to ride my bicycle to the post office some early morning this week.

Are there any places open very early in the old Daun Penh area where you can get a fair breakfast of some kind? Probably not... But just asking...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Breakfast in Daun Penh?

Post by Bluenose »

What constitutes "early" for you?
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Bluenose wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:12 am What constitutes "early" for you?
Oh maybe 8 a.m.or 9 a.m. ... I guess I keep thinking that since COVID there have been fewer options available in the tourist zone ... I know about a good old Indonesian restaurant for lunch, but that's about it ..
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Please don't mention Harry's... I think the prices there are laughably high... only a fool with too much money... Can afford it...
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

orichá wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:53 am Stupid question....

Are there any places open very early in the old Daun Penh area where you can get a fair breakfast of some kind? Probably not... But just asking...
Brown coffee on the Riverside is close and has some decent sandwiches.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:37 am
orichá wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:53 am Stupid question....

Brown coffee on the Riverside is close and has some decent sandwiches.
Okay... I didn't know they served food... I will look for it... thanks...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

orichá wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:28 am Please don't mention Harry's... I think the prices there are laughably high... only a fool with too much money... Can afford it...
Brown Coffee is even more expensive. I wouldn't advise La Croisette either. Good food but beyond your budget. There are some rice and pork places down near st 100.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

orichá wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:28 am Please don't mention Harry's... I think the prices there are laughably high... only a fool with too much money... Can afford it...
Sorry, missed that one.

In that case avoid Brown.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:11 am
Sorry, missed that one.

In that case avoid Brown.
PU Rock cafe looks reasonable, good reviews, simple omelette.... Not overpriced like nearly almost all restos in Phnom Penh. Coffee in Phnom Penh is 2 dollars. In Siem Reap, only 1 dollar... Sad times.

It's really sad hoedown ...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Coffee goes from around 2000 Riel at a stall to around $5 at Starbucks.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic