Compression shirts

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Compression shirts

Post by rgrowden »

Anyone know where in PP I might find them? TIA.
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Compression shirts

Post by pootylicious »

If you're looking for a tighter fitting, peel it off your skin fit, moisture wicking shirt, get in touch with the people at Kiri Jiu Jitsu. They're going to a Bangkok tourney this weekend so you'd need to talk to them asap. https://www.kiri-jiujitsu.com/

In Aeon 1, I saw these shirts at Decathlon and Adidas. The ones at Adidas might be too loose but I wasn't there very long enough to check.

On the same ground level theres a store called "Barrel" across from the other Adidas. They have the thickest compression shirts out of all the others.

rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

What thorough answer! Thanks so much, heading to Aeon today. I tried ordering half a dozen from Amazon, but customs wanted so much paperwork, pictures, passport, etc., that I told DHL to keep the damn things.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

It does seem Customs is hammering DHL for Amazon shipments lately. I still get some stuff through door to door, but now it is maybe 20%, the other 80% needs some muppet to bring a pile of forms to sign for each item, which in my case started being spending around an hour just to sign paperwok. They still brought it to my home, but they also check each page/signature is perfect to my passport signature, real mind numbing Acleda/Canadia Bank signaure anality.

Any DHL/Customs lurkers - sort it out, the old service used to be magnificent - I don't mind paying the tax & my stuff being opened to check for drugs or whatever, but seriously the paperwork is now beyond daft.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

Agree absolutely. They keep asking for the front and back of my passport, I keep telling them there is only a front page. Maybe they mean they want a copy of the visa; don't know. They want proof that I paid, but showing them the receipt from Amazon isn't enough. I haven't even gotten a bill from my cc company yet. Just bs and a nightmare to try and comply. I'm trying again today to comply. All this for a couple of lousy t-shirts?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

rgrowden wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:02 am They want proof that I paid, but showing them the receipt from Amazon isn't enough. I haven't even gotten a bill from my cc company yet. Just bs and a nightmare to try and comply. I'm trying again today to comply. All this for a couple of lousy t-shirts?
I know it's of no help right now, but maybe in the future you could use a Cambodian card to pay. Very easy to export a transaction record from the ABA Bank app, and that's probably something they're familiar with.
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

Thanks for the suggestion, but there will be no more purchases anywhere if DHL is the delivery company. I spent well over 3 hours again yesterday trying to comply with the requirements. Never again. I'll go naked first.
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

Thought I'd give an update. Every single day since 10 October, I was in touch with DHL about this. Every day, they sent me rejection notices, and more forms to fill out. Then they started sending the same forms that had been accepted, but were rejected anew. It was surreal, like Catch 22. I contacted their head office, got absolutely no help. FINALLY, 2 days ago, they told me what the problem was. Now note, this is the first time they mentioned this. Turns out the shipping and credit card invoices were in my name - first, middle initial, and last name. My passport uses all 3 names in full.They sent another form which I filled out stating what happened, which would clear up the problem. The next day I got another rejection notice. At this time I informed them I was finished playing games, and they could send the merchandise back to the shipper. Never, ever again will I try to ship via DHL. I 'd like to clarify - I've been receiving packages for years from Amazon to here. This is the first time this has happened. Before, they shipped via UPS. So I don't know if this is just a DHL f*** up, or the start of some new customs crap.All this for 2 packages of t-shirts!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

I also had that problem; Amazon I just used my initials & surname originally; but DHL/customs point out that this doesn't match the recipient name as per passport, etc. So I updated my Amazon profile in my full name so that is reflected on invoices, order, etc. No drama on that on the most recent delivery, but the customs form thing is beyond stupid.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

One thing here is that of the big 3 courier companies, DHL is the only one actually owned and operated by the parent company. FedEx and UPS are both agencies/franchises. That makes a big difference when it comes to compliance requirements, DHL may not be able to do what the other two can in terms of easing the path through Customs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic