Alert: Western Scammers Migrating from Kampot to Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Alert: Western Scammers Migrating from Kampot to Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

These two western men have been posted on the "Cambodian Scammers" page in the past two days - both are sought in Kampot and are said to be either in Siem Reap or heading that way. The two allegations made here have already been posted on the internet for several days, so if anyone feels that they have been defamed by this, don't forget to contact the admins on the above social media page.

* The first one is a British man, JAMIE LEE MORGAN:

* The second is said to be a dual Romanian-US citizen traveling on a Romanian passport, CRISTIAN-FLORIN ERCHEDI:
Meet CRISTIAN-FLORIN ERCHEDI, self-proclaimed US Army veteran and of Italian-Romanian heritage (that is if he did'nt just lie about it). Cristian rented a business property in Kampot about 6-7 months ago and disappeared from there on Oct 3, 2023, with debts of at least $800 to his landlord and $500 to a sub-letter. He is known to lie repeatedly about his economic situation and background and is also a highly alcoholic man with an average consumption of one case of beer per day. He is thought to have fled to Siem Riep with his girlfriend Hor Lim. This matter is going to the police and immigration but if anyone sees Cristian Erchedi in Siem Riep or elsewhere please send a PM to me or the landlord, yin.chhaya.3 here on FB. He is traveling on a Romanian passport but may hold dual citizenship with USA. Any information very much appreciated.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
KunKhmerSR
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Alert: Western Scammers Migrating from Kampot to Siem Reap

Post by KunKhmerSR »

I've also spotted the Mother-Daughter duo back in SR from Kampot, you all know who I mean: Batshit insane, mothers got those massive fake boobs, kicked out of every bar on Sok San at least twice etc...
So yeah if you have new mates in town make sure they dont fall for them thinking their some sort of damsels in distress that need saving (they do look a lot more methed up than when they left but still decent enough to get lonely horny men to open their pockets and homes)
SiemReapLOL
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SiemReapLOL »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:17 pm These two western men have been posted on the "Cambodian Scammers" page
Cambodian Scammers page? What is the Cambodian Scammers page and how do I find it?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

a highly alcoholic man with an average consumption of one case of beer per day
Funny turn of phrase that..makes one think he was born that way.. :tongue:
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

With a name CRISTIAN-FLORIN, he is without doubt Romanian, i think its the most common name overthere. Drink 1 case a beer a day, if that makes you highly alcoholic, about half Phnom Penhs barang-scene is highly alcoholic and Romania probably even more !! Get out those bottles of Palinka !
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:41 am With a name CRISTIAN-FLORIN, he is without doubt Romanian, i think its the most common name overthere. Drink 1 case a beer a day, if that makes you highly alcoholic, about half Phnom Penhs barang-scene is highly alcoholic and Romania probably even more !! Get out those bottles of Palinka !
"Phnom Penhs barang-scene" What is that nowadays?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Bluenose wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:51 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:41 am With a name CRISTIAN-FLORIN, he is without doubt Romanian, i think its the most common name overthere. Drink 1 case a beer a day, if that makes you highly alcoholic, about half Phnom Penhs barang-scene is highly alcoholic and Romania probably even more !! Get out those bottles of Palinka !
"Phnom Penhs barang-scene" What is that nowadays?
I got wind ( heard ) that over there 👉🏼 they are teachers and employees of NGO’s etc ..
what i want to know is how does any body get credit at a bar unless they have some kind of collateral ?

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:01 pm I got wind ( heard ) that over there 👉🏼 they are teachers and employees of NGO’s etc ..
When? 2003? :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

SiemReapLOL wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:04 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:17 pm These two western men have been posted on the "Cambodian Scammers" page
Cambodian Scammers page? What is the Cambodian Scammers page and how do I find it?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4779706 ... tid=NSMWBT
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

So a landlord lost $1000? Did they not have the sense to get a deposit?

Someone ripped for $800.

Wow wee. These are small sums, people need to put value on lessons or just stop being retarded in the first place.

A case of beer a day, hope its not that Anchor fly urine
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic