Israel and Palestinian Conflict

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Re: Israel and Palestinian Conflict

Post by Cambo Dear »

My prediction is that the Israelis will invade and will probably reduce half of the Gaza strip to rubble. They will then build settlements on that rubble and continue to occupy more and more of what is left of Palestine as part of Zionist expansion. Make no mistake, this is a genocide and it is being supported and actively promoted by wester media and western military might.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:03 pm My prediction is that the Israelis will invade and will probably reduce half of the Gaza strip to rubble. They will then build settlements on that rubble and continue to occupy more and more of what is left of Palestine as part of Zionist expansion. Make no mistake, this is a genocide and it is being supported and actively promoted by wester media and western military might.
Plausible. Also, other forces are or will be in play. Lebanon, Iran and such. Israel is not very popular outside the western world.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:03 pm My prediction is that the Israelis will invade and will probably reduce half of the Gaza strip to rubble. They will then build settlements on that rubble and continue to occupy more and more of what is left of Palestine as part of Zionist expansion. Make no mistake, this is a genocide and it is being supported and actively promoted by wester media and western military might.
I can't help feeling that the US aircraft carrier being sent to the area is going to really ramp up the rage, talk of revenge and anti-western sentiment among the more extreme elements out there. What's about to happen in Gaza is bad enough, but if it turns into a blatant all-out massacre it's going to be next to impossible for the US - and by extension other Western countries - to disassociate themselves from it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Random Dude wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:52 pm
I can't help feeling that the US aircraft carrier being sent to the area is going to really ramp up the rage, talk of revenge and anti-western sentiment among the more extreme elements out there. What's about to happen in Gaza is bad enough, but if it turns into a blatant all-out massacre it's going to be next to impossible for the US - and by extension other Western countries - to disassociate themselves from it.
the 2 carriers PLUS Biden flying into Israel weds are just to let Iran know, NOT to fuck with anyone :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:31 pm
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:58 pm
the 2 carriers PLUS Biden flying into Israel weds are just to let Iran know, NOT to fuck with anyone :beer3:
More a gauntlet, laid gently on the side table?

As demonstrated by more than a few subscribed here; if your agenda are not aligned, then the interpretation of certain events or organisations assumes them, arbitrarily, to be aggressive.
NATO, UN?

Whatever their failings or fallibilities over the years, people (often, the ones more offended) only judge on the latest event, not the mandate that defines them.
Damned if you do, damned if you didn’t.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:58 pm
Yep, I get that and can see the logic behind it, but if I was a religous nutjob who already hated the west, seeing Israel smash Gaza would be infuriating. He'd know they were supported by the West which would make him hate us all the more but at least it's pretty much only Israel doing the killing.

But if Israel goes in and completely wrecks Gaza while the US effectively holds everyone back while Israel goes on their killing spree ... it feels like that nutjob is then going to hold the West even more complicit in whatever happens, maybe not as bad as being there on the ground shooting people, but definitely more involved than just giving them their weapons and money. A bit like holding a dude's arms while his weaker buddy punches hell out of him.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:43 pm
Plausible. Also, other forces are or will be in play. Lebanon, Iran and such. Israel is not very popular outside the western world.
I don't think they're popular within the western world, most people realise the irony, hypocrisy & injustice. They're just a buffer zone, to hold the status quo. The whole lot of them are a bunch of nut jobs!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

True. But it’s their back yard. Not NATO, UN, US, UK. Even though the UN and UK were prominent in the setting up of the current state of affairs. Even though UK and US lives were lost in the process. This will be irrelevant, possibly for many of the reasons why they encourage the population to willingly remain as a human buffer against Israeli aggression in response to the aggression.

There is nearly no human rationale in many of these things. Just deep seated, ideological hatred’s which few understand- only what was handed down from a previous living generation.
Honest, genuine scholars will understand. But that doesn’t mesh with the basic human emotional responses.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

May already have been said… I think Biden’s visit is less about a shoulder to shoulder we fight message and more about pretending that’s all it’s about while really it’s about delaying the ground invasion and a subsequent response by Hezbollah or Iran.

Blinken was just there.

Maybe I’m being naive, but regardless of whether it’s intentional, that is the result of Biden being there. Meanwhile there’s time to try to get Palestinians, foreigners, etc through the border crossing.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic