Couple of days by the sea

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Couple of days by the sea

Post by Cooldude »

Was down there in April and rode all over the city. Otres was the best of all. Nice and quiet. Stayed in Otres Village. Can't remember the name of the hotel. The water is going to be rough there this time of year. Be careful if you go swimming. Good night scene there with tables set up and food and drink delivered. Really no reason to go anywhere else if you're there for a beach holiday.
Stray20
Tourist

Post by Stray20 »

Any sandflies/biting midges around Otres? I know they’re a problem on Koh Rong
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kenr wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:35 am Is there going to be many places open next weekend in Cambodia? Restaurants, bars,etc.
yeah, shitloads of places will be open, just not as many as normal, markets will be quieter etc
gargarouf
Tourist
France

Post by gargarouf »

Cooldude wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:52 am Was down there in April and rode all over the city. Otres was the best of all. Nice and quiet. Stayed in Otres Village. Can't remember the name of the hotel. The water is going to be rough there this time of year. Be careful if you go swimming. Good night scene there with tables set up and food and drink delivered. Really no reason to go anywhere else if you're there for a beach holiday.
Seems that the weather will be nice for the next week.
No waves in sight :)

Enjoy you time, would like to have a review of shk
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I stayed at JUNLAN hotel in january for 2 nights, nice please, breakfast in the morning on the roof-terrasse. Its maybe chinese-orientated but the staff is Khmer and happy to speak english with barangs (especially if you know some khmer for sure). Cant say any bad worth about SHV, it was clean everywhere includede the beaches. I dint go for +5 years and you hardly recognise it, butonly in the positive way !! And fot hose who complain about tje chinese signs ?? Can you red them ?? No ?? Can you read the Khmer signs ?? No ?? Whats the difference ??
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Sea Breeze Resort on Otres is great for family. Nice big pool and kids pool too. Right on the beach (well you do need to cross the road). And doesn't break a bank. Breakfast included. Mainly western and local guests. Few khmer restaurants on same stretch too. Papa Pippo for good italian and not too far from it but might need tuktuk/car if with kids.

Otres in general is nice. Sea is rough this time of year, as someone mentioned, and this also bring some trash to beach some times. But there are cleaners cleaning the beach, not just every day on Otres.

Sokha is not that bad really. It's bit worn out but still ok if can find a deal. Not worth of the normal price though.
Stray20 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:28 am Any sandflies/biting midges around Otres? I know they’re a problem on Koh Rong
Not really. Definitely not in extent of Koh Rong.
Stray20
Tourist

Post by Stray20 »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:37 pm Sea Breeze Resort on Otres is great for family. Nice big pool and kids pool too. Right on the beach (well you do need to cross the road). And doesn't break a bank. Breakfast included. Mainly western and local guests. Few khmer restaurants on same stretch too. Papa Pippo for good italian and not too far from it but might need tuktuk/car if with kids.

Otres in general is nice. Sea is rough this time of year, as someone mentioned, and this also bring some trash to beach some times. But there are cleaners cleaning the beach, not just every day on Otres.

Sokha is not that bad really. It's bit worn out but still ok if can find a deal. Not worth of the normal price though.
Stray20 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:28 am Any sandflies/biting midges around Otres? I know they’re a problem on Koh Rong
Not really. Definitely not in extent of Koh Rong.
Appreciate the response and recommendations. I like others haven’t been in a long time (something like 8 or 9 years now). Will make a trip down next time I’m there.
Priom Fhear
Tourist

Post by Priom Fhear »

Sahaa on Otres is where I stay, Aussie Khmer owned nice villa rooms and great food.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:14 pm I stayed at JUNLAN hotel in january for 2 nights, nice please, breakfast in the morning on the roof-terrasse. Its maybe chinese-orientated but the staff is Khmer and happy to speak english with barangs (especially if you know some khmer for sure). Cant say any bad worth about SHV, it was clean everywhere includede the beaches. I dint go for +5 years and you hardly recognise it, butonly in the positive way !! And fot hose who complain about tje chinese signs ?? Can you red them ?? No ?? Can you read the Khmer signs ?? No ?? Whats the difference ??
Talk about really feeling alienated ,
seems almost everywhere ( i or ) you go where they do not speak engrish they have signs for it
So now that it’s them , not us
Now there they do not .. uncanny

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:14 pm I stayed at JUNLAN hotel in january for 2 nights, nice please, breakfast in the morning on the roof-terrasse. Its maybe chinese-orientated but the staff is Khmer and happy to speak english with barangs (especially if you know some khmer for sure). Cant say any bad worth about SHV, it was clean everywhere includede the beaches. I dint go for +5 years and you hardly recognise it, butonly in the positive way !! And fot hose who complain about tje chinese signs ?? Can you red them ?? No ?? Can you read the Khmer signs ?? No ?? Whats the difference ??
The main problem seems to be with people from English-speaking countries. They sometimes believe that everything has to be in English.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic