Do CEO forum users even live in Cambodia!?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Do CEO forum users even live in Cambodia!?

Post by orichá »

Sleepless after waking up from dreams on a rainy night in Siem Reap at 3:00 a.m., I glanced at CEO to add a reply to a thread only to notice several regulars online at such a strange "late" hour...

It got me 🤔 thinking... do the majority of this board's users even reside right now in Cambodia?

Cuz, several seemed to be online at 3 a.m. !!!

Maybe there should be a rule that only people who actually live in Cambodia can reply to topics about things happening now in Cambodia, lol...? Joking.

But, it seems there are fewer and fewer expats actually living here anymore. I think eventually there won't be very many Western folks left living in Asia... just the usual bounders, a few seasonal digital gomers, poppy musicians, wandering bartenders and those laughably untouchable white-girl yoga-posers -- come here for an extended holiday -- in the most touristy places only.

(BTW: The touristy part of bar street in Siem Reap actually looks quite fake and plasticky. I kind of prefer the crush of victim-flesh and seedy-dim neon-noir of the PP riverside.)

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Do CEO forum users even live in Cambodia!?

Post by orichá »

Anyway, right nowadays the vast majority of expats in PP are teachers, many from less mainstream English speaking places like South Africa (who can't get jobs so easily in racist-arse China, etc...)
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

We may all not live in Cambodia, but Cambodia certainly lives in all of us.
Spoiler:
As for me, and Germany
and UK
and Indonesia
and...
Get out of my body, countries, it's not a fucking hotel !!
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I find this forum to be a valuable place for information. Esp from @PSD-Kiwi and a few others. For me specifically, I go in the summers for 2 months at a time.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I often get up at 3, does that disqualify me? Oh, I live in PP.
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

I live in PP, since 2013. I don’t post very often though. Some entertaining threads on here, regardless of where people are currently at.

And yeah I awoke too early this morning, hence the post!
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

I spend 6 month a year in PP. Currently I'm not there.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Home is where the heart is. :beer2:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

In the States - waiting for the first Mars Mission
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

I spend winters in Asia, with PP being my base.

I’m not there right now, but when I am, 3:00 in the morning is right about the time of day that I’d be reading CEO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic