Do CEO forum users even live in Cambodia!?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Do CEO forum users even live in Cambodia!?

Post by violet »

Whatever I want whenever I want wherever I want
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:07 am I don't even live on Planet Earth. :color
I live on the moon, slightly on the dark side. Since more than 50 year waiting for Neil, Buzz and co. Nobody to see around here !!
Nona
Tourist

Post by Nona »

Despite the deceiving tourist badge, came here first in 2007 and have been living here permanently since 2009, ran 2 guesthouses on and off the coast. Last time I actually crossed a border was 2015. I had serious and sincere plans to leave in 2019 after the hotel I was about to sign a 10 year lease on got nabbed in front of my nose. If it wasn't for being Sunday, I would have had the cash deposit in my hand and would have sign the lease. Luckily I didn't as the lockdowns started just months later. The guy who did sign the lease, ended up losing his life savings.

But anyhow, still here, for how long, who knows.

If you don't know who I am, let's keep it that way
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:36 am For the past two and a half decades, I’ve lived in an alternate hinter-reality banging on folk’s doors at 1am, and other such nocturnal activities.
Delivering "stuff", collecting debts, or just rehearsing knock-knock jokes to random tenants in preparation for your stand-up comedy world tour ?
Nobody knows ^^
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

First in Cambodia in the nineties returning regularly until 2010 when things started changing for me, but I still have an interest not just in the country but also the types of people who are drawn to the place. Cambodia has always attracted a unique type of individual who I often relate to and see as some kind of kindred spirit, some of these people use CEO and TOF and participating makes me feel connected in some way - they're sort of my tribe.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:07 am but I still have an interest not just in the country but also the types of people who are drawn to the place. Cambodia has always attracted a unique type of individual who I often relate to and see as some kind of kindred spirit, some of these people use CEO and TOF and participating makes me feel connected in some way - they're sort of my tribe.
Well said, near to my own sentiments.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Lived in Cambodia for about 18 years, left almost 3 years ago but still check in here from time to time.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

2017-2022. Still love the country.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

Eleven years in the KOW, love the place. Home.
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Alex wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:29 am
simon43 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:35 am Not in Cambodia - I live in Luang Prabang, north Laos. But I'm often up at 3am doing my radio ham hobby :)
What did I miss? I thought some police officer took offense to your hobby and you left Luang Prabang as a consequence?

I seem to remember that you then went to Madagascar and Turkey before fighting Pattaya's beach chair mafia.

You sure get around, Sir.
Lol, off-topic but indeed I left LP when the police hassled me too much. I returned to Thailand via Turkey and Mauritius (too difficult to enter Thailand at the time due to Covid rules). After visiting my Thai family I went back to teach at an international school in Myanmar for a while. But then the UK government froze the bank accounts of some of the Burmese junta generals and jailed the previous UK ambassador in Burma. I was on a trip to Bangkok and I wasn't allowed back into Myanmar because I'm British! I did try again a few months later but the refusal to allow me to enter the country was even stronger because of my educational charity work in the country (they don't seem to want their young people to be educated...). Yes I did return to live in Luang Prabang and now live in a property where my radio ham antennas are not as visible as at my previous address. But I would not be surprised if the local police come calling again!

Up and downs in life, better than growing old in the UK though!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic