Uk citizen passport renewal on tr visa in pp

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Uk citizen passport renewal on tr visa in pp

Post by John Bingham »

BklynBoy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:19 pm I had a friend who had a similar issue on a tourist visa and needed to extend the initial 30 days. The company said not enough blank pages so my friend steamed off a few of the visa pages and kept the visas just in case. He went back and no issues. Got the extension of another 30 days.

Doesn't mean would happen all the time but it worked. He kept the visas that "fell off" just in case
That's a terrible idea. Don't mess around with your passport. If the visas don't line up with the records you are fuct and could get blacklisted.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:06 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:19 pm I had a friend who had a similar issue on a tourist visa and needed to extend the initial 30 days. The company said not enough blank pages so my friend steamed off a few of the visa pages and kept the visas just in case. He went back and no issues. Got the extension of another 30 days.

Doesn't mean would happen all the time but it worked. He kept the visas that "fell off" just in case
That's a terrible idea. Don't mess around with your passport. If the visas don't line up with the records you are fuct and could get blacklisted.
It worked but agree, not something you should do if have other options.
That's also why my friend kept the visas that fell off. In case they asked. We all know the glue they use is shit and have fallen or in process of falling off anyway
but back to your point.. not something you should do if have other options
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

BklynBoy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:23 pm

It worked but agree, not something you should do if have other options.
That's also why my friend kept the visas that fell off. In case they asked. We all know the glue they use is shit and have fallen or in process of falling off anyway
but back to your point.. not something you should do if have other options
I have 3 or 4 passports full of Cambodian visa stickers and none of them has fallen off, so I'm not sure how convincing that claim would be if and when you need to rely on it.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Exactly...all Visas and EOS's are stamped, the stamp is half on the visa half on the page, so very easy to tell that the visa has been removed. May have been easier to get away with before they started using a new glue (their was even a sub decree published) due to people constantly having Visas fall off their passport pages.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:23 pm

Exactly...all Visas and EOS's are stamped, the stamp is half on the visa half on the page, so very easy to tell that the visa has been removed. May have been easier to get away with before they started using a new glue (their was even a sub decree published) due to people constantly having Visas fall off their passport pages.
I actually staple through those old visas to make sure they DON'T fall off.
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:28 pm The Visa type you are on has no bearing on your passport application, but, due to the time UK passport renewals can take, your Visa is likely to expire well before you receive your new passport which would put you into overstay, at $10 per day.

Apply for a 1 month Extension of Stay of your Tourist Visa...or better yet, leave the country and re-enter on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa and then apply for a 3 month EG (General) Extension of Stay which will give you a total 4 months period of stay, then apply for your passport, 4 months should be sufficient.

Note that you must have a minimum 6 months passport validity and 3 blank Visa pages for a Visa on Arrival. For a Visa Extension of Stay you must have a minimum 2 blank Visa pages and 6 months passport validity remaining from the date your EOS will expire ie. If applying for a 1 month EOS you need at least 7 months on your passport, if applying for a a 3 month EOS then 9 months passport validity remaining, etc.

Thanks for the helpful info, with the E-type visa i can get on arrival?
for some reason i thought i needed special documents to get it before arrival. i am a Uk passport holder am i fine for just ticking E-type instead of the tourist on arrival which i have always ticket.

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@GarfieldsLasagna no supporting documentation requirements for UK passport holders wanting an E-type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival...just a valid passport (as per my previous comment), completed Immigration Card (check "Ordinary" visa), and USD$35 in crisp, clean, new, undamaged, unmarked notes.

Alternatively, you can apply for it in advance online from www.evisa.gov.kh
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:28 pm @GarfieldsLasagna no supporting documentation requirements for UK passport holders wanting an E-type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival...just a valid passport (as per my previous comment), completed Immigration Card (check "Ordinary" visa), and USD$35 in crisp, clean, new, undamaged, unmarked notes.

Alternatively, you can apply for it in advance online from www.evisa.gov.kh
Awesome thanks very much Bong
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

OK so my plan is to fly to bkk and back some time this week and get a 1year visa from a agent I've spoken too.

But I plan on renewing my passport as soon as possible because I will be left with around 5 blank pages, once I renew my passport will my 1 year visa still be valid as I've emailed the company that does the passport renewals for UK citizens and they've said the process can take as long as 15 weeks

Thanks for any help
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

get a 1year visa from a agent I've spoken too
There's no 1 year visa, you can only get a 30 day visa, then extend it for 12 months.

When you get a new passport your visa extension will still be valid but you will have to carry the old and new passports for a while.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic