Man Dies After Serum Treatment in Private Clinic

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Dies After Serum Treatment in Private Clinic

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): At 2 pm on September 22, 2023 in Ang village, Sangkat Choam Chao III, Khan Por Sen Chey. a man suffering from severe arthritis called a private doctor for examination, and then died soon after he was treated with serum.

The victim was named Va Channa, male, 37 years old,from Traing District, Takeo Province. The doctor who was detained by the police was Chea Sovannda, a 35-year-old man living in Ang village, Sangkat Choam Chao III, Khan Por Sen Chey.

According to the victim's wife, before the incident, her husband had arthritis, so he called a private doctor for a check-up and was treated with an undisclosed serum. Subsequently the patient became even more unwell and was immediately taken by his wife's family to the hospital for treatment. However, upon arrival at the hospital, doctors confirmed that the victim was already dead.
Immediately after receiving this information, the police detained the doctor from the clinic for questioning. Later, the family brought the body to be kept at Wat Champouvorn.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Man Dies After Serum Treatment in Private Clinic

Post by Albror »

Man that is fucked.

This guy who died probably just needed some more potent NSAID meds and Physical training. Maybe a cortisone injection.

To die for something that was so basic....
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Albror wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:56 am Man that is fucked.

This guy who died probably just needed some more potent NSAID meds and Physical training. Maybe a cortisone injection.

We have no idea about his cause of death

Neither do the authorities, in all likelihood and they will never find out

Maybe wrong meds or too many meds or maybe he has a cardiac arrest, an allergic reaction, an aneurysm, or maybe his arthritis flare-up was brought on by undiagnosed dengue infection
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Severe arthritis, at 37, while not unheard of, does feel unusual. Bad reporting/handwriting/note taking, maybe? Having seen the results of a badly misdiagnosed condition by a fake doctor, there’s every chance that he’s been treated for completely the wrong, courtesy of a flawed medical system.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Freightdog wrote:Severe arthritis, at 37, while not unheard of, does feel unusual. Bad reporting/handwriting/note taking, maybe? Having seen the results of a badly misdiagnosed condition by a fake doctor, there’s every chance that he’s been treated for completely the wrong, courtesy of a flawed medical system.
Psoriatic Arthritis can start in the early 30's or childhood arthritis
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:36 am

Maybe wrong meds or too many meds or maybe he has a cardiac arrest, an allergic reaction, an aneurysm, or maybe his arthritis flare-up was brought on by undiagnosed dengue infection
lol that is the very definition of the benefit of the doubt.... also a bit callous?
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

I've seen this happen so many times here, not just with human doctors but with vets, and so many horror stories going back into my wife's family, so many experiences they've had with wrong medicine, and even some way more twisted treatments... this is just not a surprise, and there is NO excuse for it. "Undisclosed serum" really not really ringing alarm bells? maybe some people "been here too long" i dunno
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:36 am

Well i suffered from this from a early age and the doctors even in the west didnt listen to me just saying that "you shouldnt have these problems beacause youre to young". I mean, why the fuck am i at the clinic if it wasnt because i had some problem that i shoudlnt? :facepalm:

Here its obviously more complicated but its sad how its overseen as noone take you serious unless you are the "right age" to have these problems.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

siliconlife wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:53 pm I've seen this happen so many times here, not just with human doctors but with vets, and so many horror stories going back into my wife's family, so many experiences they've had with wrong medicine, and even some way more twisted treatments... this is just not a surprise, and there is NO excuse for it. "Undisclosed serum" really not really ringing alarm bells? maybe some people "been here too long" i dunno
sometimes, sick people deteriorate and die rapidly - even with access to the finest healthcare money can buy

And, of course, sometimes people can die from contraindications between different medications that they may or may not declare to the practice

And we have often seen deaths due to medical malpractice here and elsewhere

All that I said is that it's likely we will never know
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Jerry Atrick wrote:
siliconlife wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:53 pm I've seen this happen so many times here, not just with human doctors but with vets, and so many horror stories going back into my wife's family, so many experiences they've had with wrong medicine, and even some way more twisted treatments... this is just not a surprise, and there is NO excuse for it. "Undisclosed serum" really not really ringing alarm bells? maybe some people "been here too long" i dunno
sometimes, sick people deteriorate and die rapidly - even with access to the finest healthcare money can buy

And, of course, sometimes people can die from contraindications between different medications that they may or may not declare to the practice

And we have often seen deaths due to medical malpractice here and elsewhere

All that I said is that it's likely we will never know
Western medicine always seeks the why of something happens. A drilling down into the things that caused the tragedy to occur. Systems that could have prevented the tragedy are put into place. Sometimes everything is done right, but something bad still happened. But there is always a reflection.

In Cambodia, there is no reflection. It’s simply karma. Things are simply accepted as is. No why is asked, no room for improvement. It will happen again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic