Raids and Arrests in Daun Penh "Sex Cafes"

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Raids and Arrests in Daun Penh "Sex Cafes"

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On September 22, 2023, the forces of Daun Penh District Police Inspectorate raided three "sex cafes" and arrested 12 suspects involved with selling sexual services.

The 3 locations raided were:
Target 1: cafe on Street 82, House 1, Village 14, Sangkat Srah Chak, arrested 5 suspects (4 females), including 1 location owner, 3 maids and 1 sex worker.
Target 2: Street 80, House 23E, Village 14, Sangkat Srah Chak, arrested two suspected female sex workers.
Target 3: House 13E, Preah Sisowath Quay, Village 15, Sangkat Srah Chak, arrested 5 suspects , including a cleaner, a motorbike guard and 3 sex workers.
The police captured evidence consisting of exhibits that are used for sexual services, and the three premises have been closed down. Currently, the suspects and the above exhibits have been brought to the Daun Penh District Police Inspectorate for questioning.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Raids and Arrests in Daun Penh "Sex Cafes"

Post by Alex »

Why do they arrest the maids/cleaners? Is cleaning after sex workers a criminal offense as well?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alex wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:37 pm Why do they arrest the maids/cleaners? Is cleaning after sex workers a criminal offense as well?
And a large pile of UNUSED condoms. Hardly a surprise if those two are the headline act.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:54 pm
Alex wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:37 pm Why do they arrest the maids/cleaners? Is cleaning after sex workers a criminal offense as well?
And a large pile of UNUSED condoms. Hardly a surprise if those two are the headline act.
Hot enough to bareback ?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Stravaiger wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:51 pm
Hot enough to bareback ?
Thanks...I was just about to have my breakfast.... :bad:
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:58 pm
Stravaiger wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:51 pm
Hot enough to bareback ?
Thanks...I was just about to have my breakfast.... :bad:
A friend told me he always used condoms when he first arrived here - even with his (then future) wife.
I said So did I...
Then hastily added, Not with your wife of course.
:wink:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

5 suspects (4 females), including 1 location owner, 3 maids and 1 sex worker.
That's a high proportion of maids. I would expect that it was a very clean brothel. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I see your not interested in asking why the '' motobike guard '' was arrested, but we can take a guess as to why he was.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

STrangly i was at the same time a couple of streets away (24 to be exactly- and didnt see anuthing about it. Probably they bribed the coppers more then those in street 80 hahaha !!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:20 pm
I see your not interested in asking why the '' motobike guard '' was arrested, but we can take a guess as to why he was.
Guilty as charged, I just automatically assumed he's there in some pimp-like capacity.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic