A fully furnished one bedroom for RENT

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: A fully furnished one bedroom for RENT

Post by vladimir »

The agent need GPS, he thinks he's in NY.

Greed and stupidity, lovely combination.

Pay for your adverts, wanker.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:Just wanted to see how this thread would evolve / revolve / dissolve.

So, is the general consensus that we don't want agents. Full Stop! ?

If that is the consensus, then I'll pull it. (in a couple of hours)
Up to you guys and what you want for ads and such.
Personally, I thought that Sergey was more of a piss-taker with his 3 consecutive real-estate threads than this new guy that posted this one.
Maybe don't pull it since there's been some amusing chatter as well, on what people think of rents, and what are considered reasonable prices to pay, or not pay.

Also, there is definitely a difference between someone who answers questions, gives feedback on what they have posted, and someone who sticks a free ad in here and f'ks off - IMO.
I'm ok with consensus, but maybe just strike off the boring ones ?
Example of boring: https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/housing ... t5364.html =@ N° 1 piss-take.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You make some good points.

Let's go with the 'amusing chatter'. (for now)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

TheGrinchSR wrote:If you don't want to read about people "living rich" take your own advice and shut the **** up.
Whatever.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

StroppyChops wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:If you don't want to read about people "living rich" take your own advice and shut the **** up.
Whatever.
Close enough.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Whatever.
Close enough.
Sure, you win. Whatever you need. I'm far less competitive than you - do you want the last word?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

It's because I don't live in Cambodia I enjoy seeing a few property adverts just to get an idea of what's on offer at different price ranges if I was to decide I wanted 6 months or a year in PP. Could always stick them under one thread so they don't clog things up. I don't think I've seen 1 advert on either forum for anything that doesn't normally result in criticism of one aspect or another, I find it a bit bizarre to be honest. Look at Dagenham, he covers all bases with a good comprehensive advert with nice pictures, a reasonable price and when nobody can find fault he gets taken to task on road noise - lol.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

648 lol
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

TheGrinchSR wrote:I pay more than that for a one bedroom not-serviced apartment. It's a pretty sweet deal too. People's perception of value is their own. I've lived here long enough to know I can live here much more cheaply, but I'd rather live with a much higher level of comfort and decor instead. So I don't really understand why anyone else is having a tantrum about the rent on this place, don't want to pay it? Don't. But there will be people who will and who will be happy there too.
Because it's raising the rent prices for all of us. Duh.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:648 lol
That's $600 for the owner,
and 8% or $48 for the agent.
Total = $648

Imagine how much you can save just by looking around for 'For Rent' signs without the agent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic