A fully furnished one bedroom for RENT

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: A fully furnished one bedroom for RENT

Post by StroppyChops »

John Bingham wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:$648 for a one-roomer? For anyone new to Cambodia (and before this thread is removed), this is extortionate.
And for this price they only have ONE bedside lamp. :(

Can we change the title to : Ridiculously overpriced one bed, one lamp appartment for rent to someone with more money than sense ?
To be fair it's a serviced apartment and looks like it's done up to a high standard with nice furniture. It's almost 5 times what I pay, but my place is a lot less central and let unfurnished as I own all my own hardwood furniture etc.
True, but imagine what you could lease and still hire a full time house helper for that much...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

We pay under $300 for a serviced apartment.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I pay more than that for a one bedroom not-serviced apartment. It's a pretty sweet deal too. People's perception of value is their own. I've lived here long enough to know I can live here much more cheaply, but I'd rather live with a much higher level of comfort and decor instead. So I don't really understand why anyone else is having a tantrum about the rent on this place, don't want to pay it? Don't. But there will be people who will and who will be happy there too.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

TheGrinchSR wrote:I pay more than that for a one bedroom not-serviced apartment. It's a pretty sweet deal too. People's perception of value is their own. I've lived here long enough to know I can live here much more cheaply, but I'd rather live with a much higher level of comfort and decor instead. So I don't really understand why anyone else is having a tantrum about the rent on this place, don't want to pay it? Don't. But there will be people who will and who will be happy there too.
I don't see anyone throwing a tantrum - those are your words and your perception.

The responses are about a) commercial advertising of properties on CEO which is forbidden, and b) the relative value of that property given the market as comments directed to the vendor.

We get from your repeated posts that you live rich - good for you. Give it up on shouting down everyone else that doesn't, just as another excuse to show that you live rich. You're in a very small minority, and your opinion counts, but it doesn't override the thoughts of everyone else just because you choose to live like a king in a very poor kingdom.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

StroppyChops wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:I pay more than that for a one bedroom not-serviced apartment. It's a pretty sweet deal too. People's perception of value is their own. I've lived here long enough to know I can live here much more cheaply, but I'd rather live with a much higher level of comfort and decor instead. So I don't really understand why anyone else is having a tantrum about the rent on this place, don't want to pay it? Don't. But there will be people who will and who will be happy there too.
I don't see anyone throwing a tantrum - those are your words and your perception.

The responses are about a) commercial advertising of properties on CEO which is forbidden, and b) the relative value of that property given the market as comments directed to the vendor.

We get from your repeated posts that you live rich - good for you. Give it up on shouting down everyone else that doesn't, just as another excuse to show that you live rich. You're in a very small minority, and your opinion counts, but it doesn't override the thoughts of everyone else just because you choose to live like a king in a very poor kingdom.
I never suggested it did but I am tired of the endless howls from posters on every Cambodia board that it's outrageous for people to spend more than $150 on a home too. Unlike nearly everyone I know in Cambodia none of my money comes from within the country and thus - I can spend it, how I choose knowing that I haven't taken a penny from a Cambodian who could have used the money better than I could.

Nor did I shout anyone down. Please don't project your own self-image issues on to me. If there are commercial issues with this being posted on CEO - I imagine admin will remove it. The rest of the whining all seems to relate to people's own budgets and expectations of how much to spend.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Oh and one more thing; it takes a certain stretch of the imagination to consider $1,000 a month in accommodation fees to be "living rich".
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

TheGrinchSR wrote:Oh and one more thing; it takes a certain stretch of the imagination to consider $1,000 a month in accommodation fees to be "living rich".
Touched a nerve, did I? I don't see too many people claiming $150 is reasonable, all I see are your smug comments about paying much more than the majority of others are prepared to. And you're not the only one living on dollars from outside of the country - I'm not sure how that's a point of difference to be proud of. To use your posting style - if you don't want tor read people's thoughts on advertised leases being too high, scroll on past. Beating your chest about what you view as (all) other people taking a different view to you doesn't make you right.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

StroppyChops wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:Oh and one more thing; it takes a certain stretch of the imagination to consider $1,000 a month in accommodation fees to be "living rich".
Touched a nerve, did I? I don't see too many people claiming $150 is reasonable, all I see are your smug comments about paying much more than the majority of others are prepared to. And you're not the only one living on dollars from outside of the country - I'm not sure how that's a point of difference to be proud of. To use your posting style - if you don't want tor read people's thoughts on advertised leases being too high, scroll on past. Beating your chest about what you view as (all) other people taking a different view to you doesn't make you right.
I always enjoy a pot, kettle, black debate. As you smugly look down on those "living rich" and tell them how dare they question other people's position on "living poor". It may make you feel better but it makes you no more right. And the joy of a discussion forum is that anyone gets to post an opinion - including those of us who don't agree with you.

If you don't want to read about people "living rich" take your own advice and shut the **** up.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

And the joy of a discussion forum is that anyone gets to post an opinion - including those of us who don't agree with you.
Right, otherwise, there's no discussion. But we should be able to say that we think this is not a good deal without being called poor or rich-shaming.

Right, now can we get rid of this thread that shouldn't be here anyway ? Just like the other 3 threads from our man from 21Century Property, Sergey Oreshko ?

And to the OP FWIW : a double bed needs TWO bedside tables and TWO lamps, m'kay. Otherwise it's just a large single bed.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Just wanted to see how this thread would evolve / revolve / dissolve.

So, is the general consensus that we don't want agents. Full Stop! ?

If that is the consensus, then I'll pull it. (in a couple of hours)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic